Model Cars Magazine Forum

PEGASUS! Flying Mustang A/G Racer...WIP 3-29-13

Ira

An I thought the little private scoot you just finished was "Out Tha Box", Yeesh, This ones even wilder! Do you dream in color? These ideas of yours are just TOO cool. Can't wait ta see the final result!!!!

Thanks for the kind words George!

B)

Looking great, Ira!

I like the idea of an "industrial/Star Wars" paint scheme - Lots of metal tones, maybe some rivets, etc.

How do you feel about removing the wing uprights and, instead, having the end plates extend down and mold into the body? I think that would provide a more aero and cohesive look, IMHO.

How about a scheme taken from a WWII P40 Flying tiger ? Might look cool with the open mouth and teeth that was on the plane. Decals should be easy to find. Just throwing that out there. Could also do a silver paint job and take some cues from a P 51 Mustang and use some cool nose art, panel and rivet detail. Never mind me I just watched an old war movie and have airplanes on my mind. : )

Thanks for the WW2 plane graphics idea, I'll check Google for examples.... B)

Edited by Ira

This is just too cool. I love everything you've done here and not just the imagination but the construction is superbly done and very clean. I agree with the WWII type paint scheme suggestions.

Are you going to make this float as part of your display?

Thanks Wayne!

I like that idea too, yes it will be floating... B)

I like the idea of taking cues from the P51 Mustang.... maybe a darker silver on the engines to set them off..... this thing is too cool already!!! Or, maybe a pearl white, with a bright blue tribal flame motiff....

Thanks Anthony!

White with Blue Flames Sounds Good!

I got some "Real Fire" Flame decals on Ebay, they aren't blue but Flames might be nice...

Looking great, Ira!

I like the idea of an "industrial/Star Wars" paint scheme - Lots of metal tones, maybe some rivets, etc.

How do you feel about removing the wing uprights and, instead, having the end plates extend down and mold into the body? I think that would provide a more aero and cohesive look, IMHO.

Thanks Matt!

Yea, maybe Flat White with red or blue Rocket Graphics

I thought about making fins that run down the sides and they get tall enough at the back to support the wing on the ends.

Maybe I'm still in the Primer stage...

Edited by Ira

• 2 weeks later...