cruz

HEY MARCOS, LOOKING GREAT

QUESTION, THE INTERIOR FLOOR

THAT TEXTURE, DID YOU PRAYED IT WITH THE SAME STUFF

THAT YOU USE FOR THE VINIL TOP OR IT CAME LIKE THAT

BECAUSE I PROPLABLY USE THAT SPRAY TO DO INTERIOR

RUG LOOK IN CASE THE KIT NEEDS IT, OR TO DO

MATTS FOR PROJECTS.......I AM CHECKING THIS BUILD

AND PICKING UP IDEAS WHEN I DO MY BOSS 429 MUSTANG.

The texture on the kit's floor comes like that but you can definetly use the same trick I used on the roof. I will be adding floor mats, these are being done w/ embossing powder!

• 3 weeks later...

Wow!!! Can't believe I am posting some progress on this thing, the only reason I am is because I called in sick on Monday to do several things around the house and decided to do some painting. I went with Nassau Blue Metallic from the Testors line of lacquers. Right now is sitting in the dehydrator and as you can see it's pretty rough so there's a lot of wet-sanding to do. I will be painting the roof semi gloss black after polishing the body and will continue with the rest of the car later, in the meantime, I got's to get some shuteye, gotta go to work tonight :lol::lol:

68ChargerWIP001.jpg

68ChargerWIP003.jpg

68ChargerWIP002.jpg

68ChargerWIP004.jpg

Was about time you decided to do something with this, thought you moved to the moon or something. Love the way the vinyl top came out, can't wait to see how the foiling and everything else falls into place. Does it have a clear on it? Panel lines are perfect too.

Was about time you decided to do something with this, thought you moved to the moon or something. Love the way the vinyl top came out, can't wait to see how the foiling and everything else falls into place. Does it have a clear on it? Panel lines are perfect too.
Thanks Jay, yes, it has a clear, you have to w/ these lacquers.

Is the vinyl top suppose to be the body color? I dont know thats why I am asking.
No Clay, it will be painted semi-gloss black later, I just decided to go ahead and paint the whole thing, didn't see the need to mask it since it will be easy to just paint it separately at the end. Plus I thought it toned down the vinyl top just right also!! :D:D

I am almost done with the wet-sanding and polishing of my Charger, the only thing left is the trunk area and I can call this phase "done", thank God, it was a little tedious. :( I still don't know which was a better invention, the polishing clothes or the Bare Metal Foil, I just thank God we have them both!!!! :lol:

68chargerwip4009.jpg

68chargerwip4005.jpg

68chargerwip4006.jpg

68chargerwip4001.jpg

I decided to place the interior inside the body shell to give you guys an idea on how everything will look a little later. I was gonna go w/ the white interior but I kinda liked the black and the blue contrast so much that I am keeping it like is!! Hopefully I can have some more progress done if time permits me to do so, I will start foiling it soon and after that I will attack the chassis since the engine and interior are done, thanks for looking!!! B)

that paint looks awesome

what cloth did you use to shine her up like that ?

i was thinking of waxing my GTX model with turtle wax (this is the first model i actually cleared and will wax so im still looking for the right way) and if i can get it to shine like yours ill be very pleased :)

so what is the vinyl word on the top? (lil wordplay there)

that paint looks awesome

what cloth did you use to shine her up like that ?

i was thinking of waxing my GTX model with turtle wax (this is the first model i actually cleared and will wax so im still looking for the right way) and if i can get it to shine like yours ill be very pleased :)

so what is the vinyl word on the top? (lil wordplay there)

I have a set of Micro-Mesh polishing clothes that start at 3200 and end at 12,000, just use them from start to finish and then I use Maguiars cleaner wax for final waxing. I like using a chamois for waxing instead of the usual cotton or flannel that most people use, this helps in reducing any scratches. Don't exactly know what you are asking about the vinyl top??? :o Do you mean final word?? If so, it will be painted semi-gloss black at the end!! ;)

I have a set of Micro-Mesh polishing clothes that start at 3200 and end at 12,000, just use them from start to finish and then I use Maguiars cleaner wax for final waxing. I like using a chamois for waxing instead of the usual cotton or flannel that most people use, this helps in reducing any scratches. Don't exactly know what you are asking about the vinyl top??? :D Do you mean final word?? If so, it will be painted semi-gloss black at the end!! :D

awesome.

i asume i can pick those cloths up at any autozone like shop ?

i did mean vinyl=final, thats how it sounded in my head :D

i think semi golss black would be the best match with the interior

which way are you going with rims?

You can pick up the pads at any good hobby store or through the Internet. About the rims, check out this same post all the way from the start, a lot of your questions are already answered by going back from the start of the building process right here!!! Thanks for your input!! :D

You can pick up the pads at any good hobby store or through the Internet. About the rims, check out this same post all the way from the start, a lot of your questions are already answered by going back from the start of the building process right here!!! Thanks for your input!! :lol:

dogdishes it is :lol:

(that gunmetal came out kinda light didnt it?)

anyways, i think it will look good on steel and dishes, thats the way i plan on doing mine

(my 68 charger is last in line, after the 69 charger deathracer, the 74 plymouth GTX the chevy bell aire and the dodge truck)

Here is a little bit more progress on my Charger, just painted the vinyl top and I am loving the contrast against the blue color!!! I will start on the foiling soon, can't wait to get this done but I don't have any other alternative, I am working to much and don't have much time on my hands, just hope I'm not boring you guys with this!!! B)B)

Charger6006.jpg

Charger6003.jpg

Charger6001.jpg

Charger6002.jpg