Model Cars Magazine Forum

Building Monogram's Street and Revell's Racing Version of Shelby Cobra.

W-409

After a Long Break, I continue this one, as a Tribute to Carroll Shelby.

I built new Turkey Pan. The base part, I mean that the flat area is from the kit, but those "walls" are built from styrene. After little putty, it looks ready for paint. I also installed spark plug wires. Next I'm going to continue by installing headers and stuff like that.

Having problems with the picture uploading, so I post them when I can solve the problem...

OK, here are the pictures what I tried to upload for my latest update. Photobucket problem was solved quickly and now when the forum is back in business, here we go...

Spark Plug Wires On Their Place:

P5170063.jpg

P5170065.jpg

P5170066.jpg

New Turkey Pan:

P5170069.jpg

P5170072.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks!

The battery, I need for the interior is coming now and soon I can continue building the interior too. I actually have some more work done for the engine, but when I do some little "weathering" for the headers, I'll post a picture or two. ;)

Niko, you are doing an OUTSTANDING Job on the Cobras. B)

Actually, just noticed this thread tonight and went through it. Dunno how I missed it... Been REALLY busy lately in the 1:1 world.

Anyway, The street car turned out Awesome! I agree with some on here that the paint is a bit heavy on the metal flake, but I bet it looks MUCH better in person. Cameras combined with a lot of lighting definitely make stuff like that stand out a lot more.

Can't wait to see the race car finished too. Very nice attention to detail! Makes me wanna build one now! Too much on my plate at the moment, though. ;)

Thanks, Wayne! Very much appreciated.

The metal flake looks bit better in person, actually it's pretty good for my eye. In the sunlight it doesn't look right, though.

Needs to find some reference photos for the racing version too. My other computer broke down with all of my reference photos from every model car there. :angry: So now I need to start looking for them again. I'm going to post few pics soon of the Cobra. ;)

• 1 month later...

I painted the Cobra last week, and finally here are the pictures. It's Maston's Blue from spray can and I hope it'll look good after decals, clear coat and polishing. This paint will be completely dry soon so I can put decals on. B)

Cobra1.jpg

Cobra2.jpg

Cobra4.jpg

Cobra5.jpg