Model Cars Magazine Forum

Show me your 4 links.

Can I get a couple guys to snap pictures of 4 link you have built one of the cars I'm working on is theAMT 53 stude. Well I built a frame for it so I can fit those big slicks between the fenders. But I need a little help with the 4 link thanks again guys.

Oh I I know I have to many irons in the fire.

There are two basic flavors of 4-link rear suspension. The type with parallel links needs a Panhard link or rod in the center to prevent axle side-sway or movement. It looks like this. The rear axle would be welded to the half-round areas on the brackets just ahead of the coil-overs.

hei-truck-4link-lg.jpg

The other type is sometimes called a triangulated 4-link, and the arrangement of the links resists sideways movement. It looks like this, but you can use coil-overs instead of separate coil springs and shocks, and the coil-overs can be mounted anywhere there's room, pretty much.

dbl-tri.jpg

Try this link for many other ways to set one up.

https://www.google.c...iw=1542&bih=718

While there is some complex math involved in designing one to work correctly, for a model you only need to decide on the look you want, put stuff where it will fit, and make it look like what's in the 1:1 photos. The links themselves are normally about 1.25" -1.50" diameter, so .050" or .060" styrene round stock looks right.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy