Model Cars Magazine Forum

Chevy 60° V-6

At first I was going to post this in resin and aftermarket but thought maybe a kit was produced with one of these engines? Do any of you know where I could find a chevy 60° V-6 the sizes were 2.8L 3.1L & 3.4L I looking for a londgitudinal version like the ones that came in the S-10 I think they also came in firebirds and camaros DanRoot-33.jpg thanks for any info

No longitudinal version in kit form, but the 1/24 '81 Chevy Citation and 1/24 Monogram Pontiac Fiero kits included variants of the 2.8L 60* V6 engine. All the 4th Gen GM F-body kits had V8 engines.

Which trans do you need for behind the engine?

The Monogram S-10's 4.3L V6 has an auto trans behind it, and it looks to be a 700R4.

Oddly enough, even though the 4.3 is a v6 it has the small block bolt pattern since it is based on the 350 and shares it's internals. Just about any 90s GM kit with an auto transmission should have some variation of a 700R4, they were in just about everything and the difference between the V8 and V6 is pretty small.