Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16 2010 Shelby GT500 Mustang

Technically, this is an R/C car with not much more than a body, chassis plate, and some wheels and tires, but it's 1/16 scale, seems to be accurately proportioned, and it's a modern American ponycar.

Anyhoo, it's made by Enertec and retails for $24.95, but as I said above, it's pretty much a slammer, with no interior, solid black "glass", no opening anything, and a typical R/C chassis plate. I stripped the innards and had removed the wheels and tires, so the wheels may be not quite fully seated/positioned in the pics.

Here are the pics...

Enertec116GT5001.jpg

Enertec116GT5002.jpg

Enertec116GT5003.jpg

Enertec116GT5004.jpg

Enertec116GT5005.jpg

Edited by Casey

• 4 weeks later...

Casey, where did you get the R/C car/kit from?

Do you have pic of the box or a link?

I love it, and it's 1/16!!!!

I got it from Menards, a Midwestern discount lumber and hardware store, Gregg. I did see another at another Menards store for $24.99 (not sure why the store I bought mine from was $14.99, but I'm not complaining), and it was also charcoal colored. They also show a red version on the box (which I tossed and didn't take pics of) and there was a red one on eBay not too long ago....but the price was a bit inflated.

I guess they made 'em in blue, too:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2010-Ford-Shelby-GT500-1-16-Radio-Control-INCLUDES-BATTERIES-NEW-box-/140613943883?pt=Diecast_Vehicles&hash=item20bd3e824b#ht_500wt_1300

There are several large-scale RC cars out there with nice bodies that present opportunities for skilled modelers to detail, such as the 1/16 Mercedes SLR McLaren and the 1/14 Aston Martin DBS.

There's also a 1/10 RC Aston with a nice interior.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-18-Toyota-Rav4-Rav-4-Silver-Dealer-Ed-/260810617854

Edited by sjordan2