Model Cars Magazine Forum

Some of the Models I've built so far...

TurboKitty

Hello, my name is Michelle. I'm a 25 yr old chick from Michigan, and I've been building model cars for a little over half of my life, lol. I like to add a little more detail with each one I build, but I'm nowhere near the pro that a lot of you guys are! I've seen a lot of astonishing work, hopefully mine will be as nice someday :D

As you can probably tell, I love Mopar Muscle cars (Dodge Chargers in particular). I want to build a '73 Charger SE replica of a car I used to own, but I'm having some trouble finding a kit of a '73-'74. I also have a soft spot for Imports and I'm just recently into Supercars. I like all kinds of cars really, too many to list.

Here is a handful of my 99% finished models, I have yet to unwrap some since I moved last month lol. I am still working on them officially but I keep starting new projects, if they are not 100% complete and that annoys you, I don't know what to tell you... don't be so negative! :rolleyes: (YES I edited this to avoid more drama... just saying that if you don't like what my pictures show, *Please Note* that they are older pictures. All of these models have since been completed, but I do not have a digital camera to take current pics. Use your imagination! ;) )

'71 Plymouth GTX 440 Six Barrel (still needs chrome foil & rear spoiler in this pic)

062_62-1.jpg

71GTXebaymodelengine.jpg

'71 Plymouth Hemi 'Cuda "Creamsicle Cuda" (friend bet me I couldn't complete a kit in less than 24 hrs. I proved him wrong)

057_57.jpg

058_58.jpg

'69 Dodge Charger Daytona (still need foil & under hood details, misc. in this pic)

008-1.jpg

012-2.jpg

'67 Buick Riviera Mild Custom w/ LS1 Engine (finished since these pics were taken)

019-1.jpg

020-1.jpg

'07 Dodge Charger Daytona R/T (#666 of 1400, "Purple Haze", has since been completed)

002-1.jpg

015-1.jpg

** I have some more, but they are still wrapped up from moving. Once I get them cleaned and polished I'll post them here as an update **

Let me know what you think! :D

Edited by MB_ChargerChick

some nice work and some nice cars there ;)

i like the blue GTX with the painted bumpers because i have a similar project of my own planned . the red seats in the 'cuda are cool too and i really like the red and black '69 Daytona.

Dave

Thank you! The 'Cuda actually has orange seats, I had to custom mix the color for it to match. There are two 1:1 cars with that color combo, one is a '71 Cuda Convt., the other is a '71 'Cuda Hardtop w/o billboards. I'd like to build the Convt to match sometime too.

Hey there Michelle...looks like your on the right track with some pretty cool builds!..I like the Rivy, and I kinda like the Charger without the foil, gives it a kinda sinister look B) I see you like to foil last and if that works good for you that's what matters.. I apply foil after the body is painted cured and rubbed out, then I clear the whole thing which "seals" the BMF it also eliminates having to handle the completed model as much, but again you do what works for you :D and you obviously have some skills'

rest is just doing and learning and this is a great place for that!..although some of the stuff here makes me want to go back to coloring books and crayons :lol:

Welcome, Michelle! Great to have another female modeler on the forum ... we have far too few of them here!

Your work is excellent, too ... I especially like the '71 GTX, and that Daytona looks absolutely KILLER in black with the black steelies! That one's gonna be awesome when it's done! :D

Don't ever get the idea you have to be a "pro" to post your work here or to participate in the forum, either. Builders of all skills levels are welcome here.

Finally, if you don't want to get pulled over and cited by the forum cops, I'd suggest you put your real name in your sig line, as per forum rules. :P:D

Again, welcome!

khart...educate me here. where is the "sig line" ? And I am not being sarcastic. I just dont know.

Don't worry about... your name is already there.

Harry P. I am not the one who posted the pictures. I was just curious where Michelle was suppose to put her name. But thanks for adding me as a friend. lol

lol thanks for the kind words, I figured it they were 99% done I could still put them here. Don't mind me if I don't consider them 100% complete, never to be touched again (unless I'm polishing them lol). I always want to go back and add more detail so that all of my models are on a consistent level. Some cars may have been waiting on a detail here, some black trim paint there, etc. I didn't think it would be an issue lol.

I thought I had already done my sig, I'll go edit that shortly. Also, is there a limit as to how many pictures I can post per thread?

Regardless of sex you do some great work, maybe the fact you're a chick makes it cooler?rolleyes.gif . Whichever its very clean and looks great.Nice color combos to. I have to agree with the 99percent finished to. Quite often I'll go back and touchup something or add something. Cant wait to see more of your builds

So... are they finished or not? :blink:

gee, thanks for the "warm" welcome. Maybe you could try saying something nice? Either that or simply don't post at all.... we're all adults here aren't we? Don't see me nitpicking your builds... it's not really that huge of a deal if they aren't 100% complete. It's not like they're all in pieces and I'm like "here they are!" lol. Some people... :lol:;)

Edited by MB_ChargerChick

gee, thanks for the "warm" welcome. Maybe you could try saying something nice? Either that or simply don't post at all.... we're all adults here aren't we? Don't see me nitpicking your builds... it's not really that huge of a deal if they aren't 100% complete. It's not like they're all in pieces and I'm like "here they are!" lol. Some people... :lol:;)

Don't worry about Harry, He's a moderator but I'm with the "Internal Affairs" here.. I police the police.

If he or anyone else gets out of hand, I will launch a full and thorough investigation into the matter.

Welcome to the forums, You have some nice clean work there!!

Please enjoy the forums and if you have any problems with anyone here, PM me and I'll make their life miserable.. :blink:;):lol:

Edited by J. Sauber

well, in another post I added that they were not done in the photos. I noted for each one what needed to be done, but I didn't say that it already has since the pictures were taken. I just re-read it and it makes it sound like they are still in the same state as in the pics. I don't have a digital camera, but once I get one, I'll take new pics and replace these ones. Mod or not, he should PM me if he has a problem with them not being absolutely perfect. I don't want any drama in the thread, I've had enough of that from other forums (which, granted, has younger people on it, but not all). It's not my fault that he came across in a "not so nice" way... there are other ways of handling things instead of making rude comments. Would I be getting that if I were a guy? Probably not. I was hoping this forum would be different in that aspect.

All in all, I go with the flow. It's as simple as that... I'm not here to break any rules. I really didn't thing it was worth the fuss if a couple models didn't have metal foil, or didn't have a last few parts glued on. That doesn't mean that I don't take it seriously, as I do. But thanks again for the kind words.... :lol:

It's not my fault that he came across in a "not so nice" way... there are other ways of handling things instead of making rude comments. Would I be getting that if I were a guy? Probably not. I was hoping this forum would be different in that aspect.

Don't worry about Harry, Michelle, there are some of his comments that may come across as harsh, but after you get to see some of his other posts, you'll see he seems to be a big teddy bear at heart! He even jokes around from time to time!:D I've also seen him give the guys, including me, some comments like that, too. Welcome to the forum, and have fun! :D

Don't worry about Harry, Michelle, there are some of his comments that may come across as harsh, but after you get to see some of his other posts, you'll see he seems to be a big teddy bear at heart! He even jokes around from time to time!:D I've also seen him give the guys, including me, some comments like that, too. Welcome to the forum, and have fun! :D

lol well as I've always been told it's easier to catch more flies with honey than vinegar.... as cheesy as that sounds :P