Model Cars Magazine Forum

Model Cars Magazine WANTS YOU!!!

Harry P.

I'm not entirely sure how it works with this magazine, but I have to expect that the editors are constantly contacting the most accomplished members on this forum, and perhaps elsewhere, and asking for their contributions. Am I wrong? How does the magazine handle it? I know there are a couple of Japanese builders at SAM who don't participate here and whose skills are beyond imagination, and I have urged them via personal mail to join this forum, apparently with no success. I also look to other international modeling forums and am continunually blown away by the quality of the work; it's not that difficult to get proper translations and editing done.

• 4 weeks later...

Thomas, thank you for helping out with Bill and Len's article on the Hawaiian and Chi Town. The easiest way to send articles is by FTP. Due to the hack last year of our site at GoDaddy, I have strict uploading requirements now, and you have to contact me, gregg@modelcarsmag.com, for the FTP information. I use Transmit and FileZilla, both are good, but have a different interface. Transmit is more like a Mac, FileZilla is more like a PC.

Attached are the Writer's Guidelines, which are supposed to be up on the main site. I want to push more people to the main site away from the forum, for the completed builds, how-to's, etc.

WritersGuidelines.pdf

Skip, we have been fortunate to sometimes receive material from our overseas friends. The last major one I did that involved translation was the beautiful 1/12 scale Bently 4 1/2 Litre Blower from Francesc Pulido of Spain. I still have his Bagatti Type 59 that is in final translation, that I hope to get done soon. There a lot of incredible builders in Japan, like Akihiro Kamimura, who I met years ago in Chicago, at the 1/43 scale show. He almost did not win that show until I pointed out that his incredible Ferrari 312T4 (?) was in fact not a curbside (because every single panel was so precise and looked like there was no way it would be opened up), and in fact it was, every panel was removable. He won the show, and was very happy. Thanks for the reminder, Skip. I will contact him again. Although, nohingo wakarimasen. It's gotten better, sochi, but I have friends who can help. domo

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

"Removing Paint From Aerosol Cans for AirBrush Use"

"Removing Paint From Aerosol Cans To Use In Your AirBrush"

Several years ago I invented a way to remove aerosol paint from its container and Toy Car and Model Magazine saw it online and ran it their magazine.

If you care to use it you're more than welcome to.

Those of you who own an AirBrush can remove paint from any Model Master, Testors, Boyd, Duplicolor, etc., aerosol can and use the product in your AirBrush getting much better results than simply spraying it from the can.

Here's a trick I came up with to transfer paint from the aerosol can to a container so I could spray it through my Airbrush.

Toy Car and Model Magazine saw it online, contacted me and requested to publish it.

You will need a 3" - 4" length of plastic drinking straw, some 1" wide tape, and of course a suitable container.

I collect the empty film cans from local WalMart Photoshops. This soft pliable plastic will not react with automotive paints.

p1.jpg

1st-----Butt the straw up to the hole in the button of the Aerosol can. In most cases with Duplicolor, the straw will actually slip over a short protrusion in the button.

p2.jpg

2nd-----Wrap the tape around the straw and button so they are held together firmly and tightly.

p4.jpg

3rd-----Just spray your paint into whatever container you've chosen. The straw will perform like a muffler, choking down the escaping gases and allowing the paint to gently run out the end of the straw.

p6.jpg

If you're only using small amounts of paint, you can just spray the paint directly into your paint cup.

CadillacPat

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...