Model Cars Magazine Forum

3500 Dually Tow Vehicle...(updates 07/16/14)

What's up fellas.... I spent today working on a dually snapkit that I had started on.. I've got a three axle Galaxie fith wheel trailer that I am working on that will go with this one... I wanted to make it into a 4 door, and since I had two of these kits I took out the dremel tool and got to cutting... the wheels came from the r/m peterbuilt kit, and the tires are from the r/m Cadillac Escalade kit.... here's a few pics of where I started....

001.jpg
002.jpg
057.jpg
058.jpg
059.jpg

Edited by tyrone

here's what I got done today... the running boards are made from sheet styrene... I plan on painting them with chrome alclad the cab ot the car will get some mild detaining, I'm gonna cover the hole in the floor board and add some flocking... the rear door windows and back glass will probably be tinted... thanks for looking and comments welcome...

011-3.jpg012-3.jpg009-4.jpg

I added styrene to the back of the front bumpers to close the gap..

008-3.jpg

Tinting the rear door glasses will hide the dobule door posts from where I stretched the cab...

014-2.jpg

Edited by tyrone

And here's how she looks now... I was going to fill in the door handles.. but I'm gonna try and cut the front door handles from the cab I cut up and install them on the rear doors then I'll start on the body filler tomorrow... thanks for looking and commets welcome... 007-3.jpg006-4.jpg005-4.jpg004-4.jpg004-4.jpg002-2-1.jpg

All I can say is "Thank You" for doing all the "Think Work"....I already had the mindset that I was going to use the Pete rims, but I had no idea what tires to use...And the lengthening of the body and chassis are an excellent help, too....I've been wanting to do this to a kit that is in the parts box for a long time....Now I know what to do about it...Thanks, Man....Your work has inspired me to go and dig it out for a complete makeover...Great work....

Thanks alot fellas... for the kind words... I'm glad yall are enjoying it... well Ive got the rear door handles on, and I scribed in the rear door lines.. and I've laid on some filler and sanded it down, and shot a light coat of primer on to see where I am... Still need some work in a few spots.. I've benn working on the running boards getting them ready for paint... I'm thinking about a nice black shiny paint job on this one... any suggestions....

003-1-2.jpg002-2-2.jpg

here's a few pics of the trailer I'm working on.... car sold seperately...lol..

002-17.jpg001-16.jpg003-19.jpg

Edited by tyrone

Thanks alot fellas for the kind words... I've got the body worked all finished up that rear valance took some time, but I should be getting some paint on here tomorrow... I got the running boards painted today also... should have more later... 001-1-1.jpg002-2-3.jpg004-4-1.jpg006-4-1.jpg007-3-1.jpg