Model Cars Magazine Forum

1954 Chevy Sedan/Delivery

crazyjim

here's some pics of my '54 Chevy Sedan/delivery. I cut out a large portion of the roof to make a skylight/sunroof. There's acetate on the inside. Wired, fuel lines, battery cables, flocked. Paint is HOK candy organic green.

There're some craft shows coming up and I need to make some stained glass wind chimes so I'll be taking a few days away from modeling.

100_2190.jpg

100_2191.jpg

100_2192.jpg

100_2212.jpg

100_2210.jpg

100_2211.jpg

Love the green and the skylite,and your flocking is spotless(I've started using elmers due to you :D)

I did an Implala this shade over gold, is that what you did?

Did you do the hinge work?

Whats up with the firewall in the last pic,looks like it doesn't close off the engine bay to the interior?

Sorry for all the questions :)

Yup. HOK gold base with organic green over it and then a coat of Tamiya TS65.

The hinges came with the kit. I just had to cut the doors out.

Like I said, the kit sucks! No matter what I did, I couldn't get that firewall up any further. The firewall is factory attached to the interior plate with a seperate dashboard. The dash glues onto the inside of the cowl. If I had checked closer sooner, I might have been able to put a piece of sheet styrene in there. Lack of better planning on my part, I guess.

No problem with the questions - that's part of why we're all here.

Excellent build! I love your choice of colors, reminds me of the customs I saw the car shows I attended as a young lad in the 70's.

I couldn't help but notice your service ribbon in the back, Vietnam, right?

Regards,

David G.

Nice build for one that gave trouble. I am glad you stuck with it. Looks great! Also thanks for touching on the ribbon topic. I was always to embarrased to ask what that was. I knew it was military related but not what for. Salute to a cool panel and our veterans. ;)