Model Cars Magazine Forum

1953 Ford F-100 Custom..........."New Project" 11/18/12 / Finished pictures posted in the Pick-up,Van,SUV: "Under Glass" section

Hello........thank you all for the kind comments........I got the chassis together ........painted H.O.K. gold.........shocks,traction bars painted Alclad........I got the brakes plumbed using "Pro Tech" T` fittings .......I modified the wheels and got them attached.......I made a compressor,air tank ,air bags and brackets........plumbed and attached.......I got the gas tank painted Alclad and used a "Pro Tech" fuel cap.........I made some battery cables and modified the carburetor........I will build the engine tonight.........thanks for looking.

DSCF5755.jpg

DSCF5753.jpg

DSCF5751.jpg

DSCF5757.jpg

DSCF5748.jpg

DSCF5758.jpg

Hello.......thank you all so much for the kind comments.........I did not know what engine was in the truck........ so I used a 289 from a Monogram 64 Mustang Indy pace car kit........I liked the gold accents from the 1:1 pace car.........I thought it would match the truck and it would be a decent engine........I did allot of modifications to the engine........I made a coil,fuel pump,vacuum ......I modified the carb and air cleaner.......I also shaved off the molded linkage on the trans, and made new linkage.........I used "Pro Tech" spark plug wires and looms, detailing wire,nut and bolt ends, and rubber fuel line........I painted the gold accents with chrome Alclad first,then I airbrushed Alclad Golden yellow over the chrome Alclad........thanks for looking.

DSCF5796.jpg

DSCF5797.jpg

DSCF5800.jpg

DSCF5804.jpg

DSCF5810.jpg

Edited by John Teresi

John, great work on that motorcraft carb, I haven't seen anyone put accelerator pump linkage on a carb till now (actually, don't kow how many here would recognize it for what it was...) it's a shame the air cleaner assembly obscures all that work.

John, great work on that motorcraft carb, I haven't seen anyone put accelerator pump linkage on a carb till now (actually, don't kow how many here would recognize it for what it was...) it's a shame the air cleaner assembly obscures all that work.

C'mon Mike...... All John has to do is unscrew the wing nut on the air cleaner to lift it off so everyone will be able to see the linkage......!!!!!! I can't believe the amount of detail John manages to get into a 1/25 scale model engine...!!! Nuts & bolt ends, tranny linkage, secondary electrical wiring (he wired the alternator...!!!), dipstick, oil breather hoses. That's it.... I'm gonna take up stamp collecting..........

C'mon Mike...... All John has to do is unscrew the wing nut on the air cleaner to lift it off so everyone will be able to see the linkage......!!!!!! I can't believe the amount of detail John manages to get into a 1/25 scale model engine...!!! Nuts & bolt ends, tranny linkage, secondary electrical wiring (he wired the alternator...!!!), dipstick, oil breather hoses. That's it.... I'm gonna take up stamp collecting..........

since there were no engine photos, he could whip up a custom air filter that wouldn't hide his detail work. :P

Honestly (and not to take anything away from John's talents) I haven't seen John post anything that couldn't be attempted by anyone else here, the maniacs working with metals are another story. :D

Edited by blunc