Model Cars Magazine Forum

Just started this one since it's been sitting around awhile and I wanted a quick build. All box stock.

chassis painted, needs some more weathering and detailing.

150_zpsb0db0cb7.jpg

grill and bumper detailed

121-1_zps50b06eaf.jpg

black washed wheels

126-1_zps6d65ab11.jpg

I left the interior in the molded gray and black washed it, I will dull coat it here soon.

132_zps4d66e094.jpg

130_zpsa3ae60b3.jpg

and some color on the cab/bed. Still needs clear.

140_zps6f738f03.jpg

144_zps71c37415.jpg

I'm not sure once the truck is painted should I use this tailgate sticker or not? I like a clean look but I kinda think the sticker will set the blue off, we'll see.

152_zps7fdbc8d1.jpg

Your headlights are more along the line of a 88-89 Silverado. The 90-98 trucks had two solid headlights, not split like you have.To tell you the truth, it's a conversion i'd do in 1:1 as the split on the 88 stay clear (glass), while the full on piece on the 90-98 eventually turns yellow (plastic). Other than that it looks awesome!

Edited by wrecker388

grill and bumper detailed

121-1_zps50b06eaf.jpg

I must say...even though it's the wrong year grille headlights for this truck, this is the absolute best detailing of this grille that I have ever seen in my life! You have captured all of the depth and detail of the original 1:1 as I have never seen anyone else achieve. I would suggest a light swap but, it's too perfect to touch IMHO. :D

Edited by Skydime

I must say...even though it's the wrong year grille headlights for this truck, this is the absolute best detailing of this grille that I have ever seen in my life! You have captured all of the depth and detail of the original 1:1 as I have never seen anyone else achieve. I would suggest a light swap but, it's too perfect to touch IMHO. :D

I have the same opinion, it is beautifully detailed.

That is how amt manufactured that grill unfortunately!

Really? Wow, that's sad.

The flat grille and quad glass headlamps were 88-89. In 1990 they came out with the composite, one-piece headlights, same flat grille. The recessed grille with the bubbled out center bar came out in 1994 and continued to 1998. The first dash was used from 1988-1994 and then the newer style dash came out in 1995. My dad has two 1994 K1500s that have the new-style grille but old-style dash.

Edited by kataranga