Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dodge Demon Pro Stock 4-20

caine440

Thanks Steve for the info.

I do see shots of some of the Pro Stocks with and without the trunk ridge.

I will leave this one be. Overall it is a nice package deal from Comp. Resin.

One of our fellow board memebers is reworking the decals for this one and they sound like they are going to be outstanding.

How can I get a set? I have always wanted to build a few of the Demon pro stock's....Rod Shop......Carlton..The list goe's on.

• 4 weeks later...

The trunk lid center "ridge" was a mid-'71 change. Cars newly constructed for the '72 season would probably have it, while teams stretching '71 cars into the '72 season might overlook the change.

The MPC kit parts don't fit all that well, so it's not surprising that resin kits based on it are also tough to get together. MPC didn't get the front wheel openings right either. I found out about the poor fit while reworking a '76 Dart body to accept some resin front end parts copied from the MPC Demon kit. From a resin kit that I bought second-hand (don't know who made it), as of now all I'm using is the taillight panel (cut from the body) and the front bumper/grille (and I might set that aside in favor of a Modelhaus part, as I did with the hood and front pan).

Have you seen the factory stock version I posted on here?.....any updates yet?.......I can't wait to see this finished.

• 1 month later...

Thanks

It is a resin tubbed back half off ebay with the rest being from an AMT Duster kit and Pro Street Super Bee.

There is a guy on ebay that sells lots of tubbed chassis, some nicer than other, I do not have a very big chassis selection in the part box so every now and then I pick up Pro Street kits or one of these resin chassis.

I used the same chassis but different front end parts on a Mopar Missile Duster that is all resin from Reliable Resin.

IMG_6854.jpg

IMG_5950.jpg

IMG_6862.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks

It is a resin tubbed back half off ebay with the rest being from an AMT Duster kit and Pro Street Super Bee.

There is a guy on ebay that sells lots of tubbed chassis, some nicer than other, I do not have a very big chassis selection in the part box so every now and then I pick up Pro Street kits or one of these resin chassis.

I used the same chassis but different front end parts on a Mopar Missile Duster that is all resin from Reliable Resin.

IMG_6854.jpg

IMG_5950.jpg

IMG_6862.jpg

that looks better then my diecast mopar missle