Model Cars Magazine Forum

Thinking about getting a track & some cars.....

bigmikevee

Gregg

That will be a challenge to Drive> You have made the most of a limited space! What power supply. and what Race Management system do you plan to use? I am using an adjustable 0-20 volts, 30amp Pyramid, that I can set at 10V for ventage GP , and sports racing cars with no-mags. 12 volts for modern race cars with no-mags, or 14V for our low down force(350g max) cars. We never run more than 350g on AIR!

I use TrakMate Race Management, because it has all of the features you will ever want. It can run a race, and keep track of lap times, including the fastest laps in each heat. You can set a minimum lap time to prevent, cars from artificially gaining laps during track calls. You can also set a minimum Brake-out time for Bracket racing! All information during a race is displayed on a Monitor/ TV screen so drivers and spectators can see how eachDriver-Car combo is doing!

The power supply is from Professor Motor, the adjustable one, think it's the same as you state.

Trying to look for timing system.

I think the TrackMate is the one to find, from what I have read, but I only seen the bridge.

Need to find that whole system, and of course, for cheap.

I usually run at 15V, cause that's what the guys run at the club track by airport.

With some of the old cars, it's fun to run down at 10 or 12 volts.

It's funny how the car can be so fast here, but at club, it's a slow as a yugo with the parking brake on.....

Found cheap magnets on eBay, some N52's, the guy has been cool.

I like the slots cause I can stand up.

Sitting is hard to impossible, so at least I can have some "fun"

I used that track software that's free to design track.

I saw some guy's layout/plan on a site, and modified it.