Model Cars Magazine Forum

Show us your show winning cars and trucks

clavender17

40ford1b-1.jpg

This hood and old slide scan is all that's left of a '40 Ford Sedan I entered in a local hobby shop contest in 1962 when I was 16. It won the Custom class and only lost best in show because it was said to be "unroadable". whatever that meant. It did scale out to be only 48" high after the chop, channel and section on 13" wheels! The placing surprised me as the Candy Green paint was a disaster with dark blobs all over it.

40fordhood_DSC0343.jpg

40ford3a-1.jpg

This is one of my favorites! Nice work everybody, congrats.

Edited by rmvw guy

This hood and old slide scan is all that's left of a '40 Ford Sedan I entered in a local hobby shop contest in 1962 when I was 16. It won the Custom class and only lost best in show because it was said to be "unroadable". whatever that meant. It did scale out to be only 48" high after the chop, channel and section on 13" wheels! The placing surprised me as the Candy Green paint was a disaster with dark blobs all over it.

40fordhood_DSC0343.jpg

40ford3a-1.jpg

40ford1b-1.jpg

I agree! You should recreate this one using your original hood! What a wild kustom it is!

You've got the hood! You can build a car around that! Restore it!

I agree! You should recreate this one using your original hood! What a wild kustom it is!

Thanks for the comments on this with tiny photos! I was a AMT '40 Coupe and I do have a kit I was thinking of recreating my build from 1962! I have one 13" reversed rim and tire also .. ehhe. I know I used Cushenbery's Matador as inspiration on this (headlights and fender scoop) but not sure a rebuild will ever happen. It would be fun!. :)