Model Cars Magazine Forum

VW Beetle with Hemi?

rmvw guy

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I'm going the rust route. It's an old forgotten drag racer. I got a little frustrated with the opening doors and decided to go this route. And I think I needed a quick build to get my spirits back up. Still a little more work to do on collecting junk for it. Thanks for looking. :) DSC04540_zps1fc6ad5d.jpgDSC04539_zps52faeea0.jpgDSC04538_zps5bb69d0b.jpgDSC04537_zpsf8e144be.jpgDSC04534_zps76ee43ed.jpgDSC04533_zps1ba13632.jpg

The old IMC kit is pretty cool. It was reissued in the 1980s by a Japanese company called Union. Nobody knows what happened to the tool after Union went out of business. I only have one of the IMC kit, but was successful in finding a couple of the Union kit over the years. Typical Japanese flat box.

The kit itself is cool in the fact that there are enough parts in the box so that you can build a stock VW and still have enough parts to build the entire drag chassis separate!

Thanks for all the background on the kit Tom. If I had the entire kit I probably would have built it stock. I'm just going to try to have a little fun with this one and not get too fussy about it. That's what the Doctor ordered. :lol:

Edited by rmvw guy

Thanks Ron! I do love the work you are doing on it, the rusty old survivor look is so me! Can't wait to see it finished, I will be following along. I do have a VW drag car that I started eons ago. I walked away from it when I ran into build issues that were beyond my skills at the time, but shouldn't be an issue today.