Model Cars Magazine Forum

Less than 10 days to the End of the World....

Hey SJ6... A Car is just another Car....But a Jaguar is a Jaguar

and here's mine. 2000 S Type, 30,000 original miles. Bought it last year from a RR/Bentley dealer.

IMG_1632-vi.jpg

Hey Nice Jag.....I have always been fond of the S-Type Jag...they have the appearance of the MK ll Saloon...

And Don't mind our friends up above... making fun of Jags.....They just wished they owned one....they probably drive something from Detroit.

I Proudly own "88 XJ40....and after 25yrs...the car is much better condition then my '03 Altima...but then again i only drive my Jag on nice Sunny Days

Edited by XJ6

Had the Edsel survived, this would be modern day Edsel

Sorry you feel this why....perhaps you have had a bad experience...

I like the Edsel....the looks ehh.....it is the history of cars that i care the most...at time of course...

Cheers....Don

That statement actually has some bearing because during this time period Ford owned Jaguar. :P

Correct...? Ford took over Jaguar....however they still rolled of the assembly line of Jaguar...difference..yes indeed...

Ford Motor Company...is a Good Product....and it is well known that Jaguar has had issues.. with Quality & Control....however once the issues are corrected has per written by Jaguar....the Cars are bullet proof....AJ6 Motors are some of the best...the trans are still built and being used in todays cars..mostly the Audi's

As a owner of previous Jags...i can tell you from experience that most problems are electrical....and most problems are just a simple connection.

sad indeed now that Jaguar is owned and operated by Tata Motors of india....would i buy a New Jag today...No....Aston Martin comes to mind...then again the history of the Aston...well Todays Jaguars come to mind..

Since i am a little confused and that you seem yo poo po Ford...and Jaguar....Just thought i would give you a little friendly up-date..

Sure a Ford....you can take the weekends off and not do repairs....has with a Jag...well that is the fun of owning a one....Sure you will have to mortgage you home for the cost of repairs on a Jaguar....so i advise people if you have no DIY experience..stay away...and buy a Compact....But if truly want something Sleek and Sexy and cannot afford a Ferrari....Buy a Jag....

Cheers and Happy Holidays to ya...Don

Edited by XJ6

Well they gotta build em somewhere. It would be crazy for the new owner of a business that large to move the factory.

Jags are pretty to look at like any other Euro vehicle, motorcycles included, but with my experiences working in the Auto industry all the experiences I`ve had with Eurotrash they have been proven in my mind to be nothing more than high maintenance hair pullers, especially when it comes to electronics.

I`m not trying to pick a fight or anything at all or poo pooing anything, I was just stating that Ford owned Jag in that time period. Jags can be cool cars, I dig the new sportscar they recently brought out....not bad for a Tata at all. ;)

Hey SJ6... A Car is just another Car....But a Jaguar is a Jaguar

and here's mine. 2000 S Type, 30,000 original miles. Bought it last year from a RR/Bentley dealer.

[img=http://images59.fotki.com/v112/photos/7/43507/11246155/IMG_1632-vi.jpg]

But that's not really a Jaguar. It's based on a shared platform designed by Ford for the Lincoln LS. A real Jaguar would be from pre Ford ownership.

Hey guys... we've had the Jag a year and haven't had a single problem. My neighbor next door has a blue X Type and has 130,000 on it without any problems either. And I know my car has a shared Ford platform. Probably why it's trouble free.

I think the aura of problems past are still assumed to be true. Same with my daughter's Fiat 500. She's got 9,000 miles on it and it hasn't been back to the dealer for anything. No problems at all. Great fit and finish, overall a quality little vehicle. I had a buddy-o-mine tell me that he read that they were so trouble prone that they needed 5 of them to do the commercial with J-Lo because they kept breaking down. Nobody would tollerate a car with issues like that now a days!

Ah, now that the world didn't end we can go back to arguing about cars. I have an '86 XJ6, a REAL Jag, with 160,000 on the clock. Bought it (at 75K miles) from the original owner who purchased it in England, toured the continent with no problems, and then in the US spent as much on maintenence and repairs as she spent for the car (at Hennessy Jag). Since I started doing all the work on it, including replacing the gearbox with a GM 700R4, it's been as reliable as a brick and gets 21-22 MPG at 70mph cruise. I guess it's all in your perspective......and who's working on the car.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy