Model Cars Magazine Forum

2012 iHobby show - Round2 2013 Announcements

Tom Kren

WHERE WERE THE MODEL CARS????? Show was a joke 90% RC car, planes and trains amt was ther with repops comming out had slot cars comming out moebius was there had their semi on display and a pic of the ne truck comming out but guy didnt know when it was comming out. rest was si fi Mels drive in didnt see any Hudsons or 300;sat display. No Testors no Revell Pegasus had new wheels on display look like lowrider they are the same ones from last year that they showed. Couple of the modelshops from around town had very small amount of model kits was either rc stuff train stuff Will have pics up soon not happy

If you've never been to an iHobby show before I can understand how the limited amount of model cars could be a shock but I've been to the show several times and without Revell there would be little reason to go. The big question is, what reissues is Round 2 coming out with ??? That is really the only news here, I wasn't expecting anything new from AMT/MPC or Lindberg (was Lindberg even there ??).

AMT's Ford C-600 is news to me, and is now on my want list.

I saw that! I gotta have me one of them!

Just a thought, though. This was a HOBBY show, not just a Model Car Show. We got most of our good news last week and we already knew Revell wasn't going to be there. There are some jewels from Round 2, just look through Tom's pictures and you'll find them.

Edited by Deano

I see the '49 Mercury (which was mentioned as a reissue two years ago on Round2's blog), '57 Ford hardtop, '58(?) Plymouth "Christine", Hulk Monster Truck, and (real?) vintage amt box art for an MPC '69 Hurst/Olds kit in this pic:

DSCN2280-vi.jpg

The retro box art on the '69 Hurst/Olds is pretty cool. The '71 Chevy van in retro 'Rescue Van' box art looks interesting..wonder if they are including the extra parts that original issue had. Looks like they are reissuing the '57 Ford in vintage box art also.

Edited by Rob Hall

Thanks for taking the pics, Tom. :)

The timing of the '49 Mercury, '57 Fords, late '50s/early '60s SITM Vette, and '50 Olds diecast is a bit peculiar, or maybe it makes perfect sense. :unsure:

I'm a bit disappointed to see the '33 Willys won't be in an original style box, and the faux retro '69 Olds box art (I don't think AMT ever released that version) just looks weird to me.

I don't see a built-up 1/16 Petty clear bodied Charger, either, so maybe that kit won't appear until late 2013 or 2014 now? Looks like the '40 Ford coupe is a no go, too.