Model Cars Magazine Forum

My first posting here, been at this one for awhile.

The photo etch was done specifically for me by Horold Weber in Germany. The AMT kit is a series 61 cab, about 4 inches

narrower, actually just under,but for all intentsnand purposes here, the cab is .240 inches wider than AMT cab. This makes the grille opening very close to 40mm, because the 1 to 1 truck has a 40" grille opening. Photo etch for the AMT kit will not work. Harold sold me the plans for the photo etch specific to this cab, so if I do get a resin version out, it can have the grille, steps and emblems that

are correct. For all you that have offered encouragement about casting this beast, Ben, Tim, et al, this cab already has a full interior,

Real leather diamond tuck apolstery, foil cast vent assemblies, side and center curtains, as well as the doors have been opened, so I don't think it would cast well at all. However, I do have a second cab that was started just for the express purpose of casting.

Those of you who have built masters know, building a part to use as a subject for casting vs as just a replacement piece, are 2 different things. There is still the possibility of a mass produced version reaching you guys. As always, it is a question of time.

Thanks for all the kind words,

Mark.

That was the plan, Les, but it was good enough for a nice builder, not to have it represent my work as a master for casting.

So this one will get put together, as it was intended to be. The new cab is just for casting, using the volumes of lessons learned

from the first, and ending with a better final result. I believe that if a model builder is going to spend money on something such as this, it can't be just 'good enough'.