Model Cars Magazine Forum

back to modeling stuck already

hi to all i am new here but took 5 years away to get clean and sober.my feionsa is a automotive fan she owns a 87 mustang gt with t tops thats her baby and she got m eback into modeling she builds as well when we have time i have a 2 year old son i sit with when i do this.i am 36 she is 31 and i have older chidren a son 11 and a doughter 7.they are getting into it i buy my kits at flea markets and events.problem i get ni support for my son we do it all.is ther a site that has discount items.and i have problems with my hands so i dont do well with foil is there a special paint i can get chrome finish to look right i use silver or high gloss aluminum.and glue i still use squeeze tube and rattle can for my spray.the problem i have is that i am haveing bad results compared to years past.in need of help you all are pros to my stuff i am curently working on a 1964 plymouth belvedere,1973 mercury couger i love that car.and trying to smooth and sand down a 1992 f150 promo to look like a sport truck i use spot putty for the holes.a web site i go on for cheap ford truck promos is www.outbacktoys.com they have promos of the ranger and the f150 for 5 dollars plus shipping.they are a hour away from me so i may go one day in litiz pennsylvannia.and how to upload photos.i am curently trying to get troubled teens into building and less time in trouble and stupid video games.and show them the joy of using your hands to create rather than blast aliens and beating things up.my oldest son is building a 1997 ford f150 crewcab sport truck he wants me to make a truck like i use to own when i was in my early 20s so working on it.any help direction would be great and would mean the world to me and the family.

Well, you said a lot so i'll try to help.

Money is tight everywhere.....you'll need to take advantage of deals wherever you get them.

Find a local club for kit deals and help building. Clubs can be fantastic.

Practice, practice, practice all aspects of your painting/building.