Model Cars Magazine Forum

60's styled 2005 "RETRO-VETTE" COUPE

E St. Kruiser50

This is reaching back a bit further than '69, but you could always consider making your 'vette a split window... :lol:

retrovetteafter2.jpg

WOW :lol: Harry, that's beautiful. Love the color.

That'ed look great with the front end from the RED "vette" that you posted earlier, with the 427 Stinger hood. Maybe the next project?? :P

Thank's for the post - dave :)

hey Dave, i love this model so far :D but (now im not criticizing your work because it is excellent) what if you dropped the side pipes and went with a dual exhaust coming out the back? or what else would look cool if you could do it is have them covered up like on the viper? like kinda sunken into the body.

And i hope yall dont mind but i posted this on a chevy site im a memmber on, just thought id let some chevy guys see what a model guy can do :P

Thanks everyone for all your input :huh:.

Got the split-window roof section molded on, and cut off the lower part of the body on the '69 and added it to the bottom of the '05 to get the side pipes recessed, and placed where I wanted them, with the right look - at least for me :lol: .

Car will stay "In the weed's", as the "Attitude" and "Beefyness" (Where's the beef? :P ) is what this build is about :lol: .

After painting I will add "Real Chrome" door handles from a '67 Vette, the gas cap shown here from the '67, a "real chrome" swoopy side mirror from a '59 Chev, a "Real chrome antenna" on the right side of the trunk, and some appropriate decal badging to add to the fun "Retro Vette" look.

Anyway, having fun and making progress - dave :D

2009_0110Photobucket10057.jpg

2009_0110Photobucket10058.jpg

Edited by Treehugger Dave

Got some "Serious Putty" :lol: laid down, the last few times at the bench.

Not much left of the '69 body left as you can see in the pic.

Added the other piece for the '69 exhaust to the '05 body, and have smoothed on some "Mojo Putty" :lol:, and the 'ol girl is ready for some sanding and primer.

Can't wait to put on the color, and add some fun detailing. Man this is fun!! :lol:

2009_0113Photobucket10045.jpg

2009_0113Photobucket10055.jpg

Looking good so far. You are doing it the hard way, probibly the right way, but harder than I was going to do. I had a very similar idea, but I was just going to paint the glass to look like a split window. Looks great. I can't wait to see it done.

Mike

Looking good so far. You are doing it the hard way, probibly the right way, but harder than I was going to do. I had a very similar idea, but I was just going to paint the glass to look like a split window. Looks great. I can't wait to see it done.

Mike

Yeah I know.

I never do things the easy way. I'd rather push the envelope and see what happens :lol:

Here's a pic just a little closer to primer one more time - dave :lol:

2009_0114Photobucket10048.jpg