Model Cars Magazine Forum

Highly Detailed GENERAL LEE.... finally done...!1yr and 6 days

mopar01lee

Hey. Danno now I kw you hate GLs .. but thanks for that pic I've been looking for a good pic of the trunk mat ... I may even redo the filler neck..

Later days.... davin

Actually, I don't "hate" General Lees ... I just don't have much use for all the overblown BS hyperbole and trivia drivel that seems to flow whenever any orange car with an '01' on its doors turns up.

And, I don't even "hate" the overblown BS hyperbole and trivia drivel.

I just enjoy illustrating the absurd by employing absurdity.

Besides, I am diligently planning to chronicle ad naseum my own "Most Detailed Ever Totally Scratchbuilt General Lee Build To End All General Lee Builds Ever" soon. I'm sure you'll be watching it closely and fawning over every single post!

Regarding the trunk pic, that was from a secret source deeply embedded in the General Lee Nation.

Okay, I confess: I just googled "General Lee trunk." Now you've got me giving away all my top secrets, sheesh!

PS: Don't forget to whack out those roll cage extensions that don't extend into the trunk on the 1:1.

Build on, confederate comrade!

B)

PPS: What the hey-hockeysticks exactly does 'later days' mean? :huh: I got no idea, but I've got money riding on it.

Edited by Danno

Hahahahaha... that has got to be one of the funniest post I've read..... sry the bars stay. An I totally agree on the BS that spews over page after page. Although some of it is quite amusing at times....

An later days .. is just my way of saying till next time .... hope you won ur money. LOL

Oh almost forgot .......................... later days my friend. Davin

Hahahahaha... that has got to be one of the funniest post I've read..... sry the bars stay. An I totally agree on the BS that spews over page after page. Although some of it is quite amusing at times....

An later days .. is just my way of saying till next time .... hope you won ur money. LOL

Oh almost forgot .......................... later days my friend. Davin

Kewl. Don't go forgettin' yerself on my account! :P

Earlier nights, dood! ;)

And build on ... confederate comrade! B)

...I am diligently planning to chronicle ad naseum my own "Most Detailed Ever Totally Scratchbuilt General Lee Build To End All General Lee Builds Ever" soon. I'm sure you'll be watching it closely and fawning over every single post!

Will your thread be hitting 40,000 views? :P

Will your thread be hitting 40,000 views? :P

Oh, at least! :rolleyes:

If I have to 'hit' on it myself 39,900 times to do it. :P

(Not like that's never happened before! ;))

And build on ... confederate comrades! B)

Edited by Danno

Well.....after reading through this build, I have come away somewhat dissappointed! Building a highly detailed GL, and not even having a functional filler neck?? What is up with that Davin, you go to the extreme of having functioning lights when you open the console, but use a simple piece of plastic for the filler neck?? That is just plain sloppy!!! Hopefully Danno will be able to build the bestest GL ever, and Davin...you will have to forever live in his shadow!!!

But seriously....despite all the frivolous you know what that went along the build...Davin, you have done one heck of a job!! My hats off to you for sticking with it and challenging yourself with all the PE and detail work!!! That is the first time I have seen someone use the PE MCG spring set, turned out looking really good!!

I can't wait for your next build Davin, hopefully you can show us how to build and install a functional 8.4 touch screen in the Chrysler 300!!! LOL!! ;)

wow! a whole year?! thats a lot of time tied up in it, how many hours do you think you have in it? on some of my more complex/detailed builds i have well over 300 hours in them, i can only imagine how much time you have in this! nice work.......whats on the schedule next?

cheers

bryan

wow! a whole year?! thats a lot of time tied up in it, how many hours do you think you have in it? on some of my more complex/detailed builds i have well over 300 hours in them, i can only imagine how much time you have in this! nice work.......whats on the schedule next?

cheers

bryan

i think im gonna pull out a build i started for my best friend about 10 yrs ago..

a chop top 49 merc with a gost flame done by free hand masking....

later days ..Davin