Model Cars Magazine Forum

STRIPTEASE 49 MERC (The Sultana of Old Burlesque)

Dr. Cranky

Hey Doc, maybe you could cut a heart out of the roof, then use the lace as a "see-thru" headliner!

TJ--I want to THANK YOU for the great idea, man, and I went ahead and used it . . . let me know what you think. I already have some lace material that I plan to use . . .

014-vi.jpg

Stay tuned in for a progress update.

Well, here's the thing. When I thought of the build, I was thinking of that Willits build and those Watson illustrations so I got my mind set on this particular build, and then the build led to the diorama idea, but rest assured there will be plenty of shiny builds photographed on the BURLESQUE STAGE!

Here's a quick little video of my haul yesterday from the craftstore. I'm always amazed at the stuff you can find to use on your models and your dioramas . . .

Enjoy, and REMEMBER, walk the isles at your local craft store for you'll never know what amazing things you will find.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw0589h5rLc:

TJ--I want to THANK YOU for the great idea, man, and I went ahead and used it . . . let me know what you think. I already have some lace material that I plan to use . . .

014-vi.jpg

Stay tuned in for a progress update.

The heart and lace will look great with the theme. You should lay some lace down on the outside, spray over it, then peel it up. Would look sick

Hey, folks, thanks for all the kind words. I am beat. I spent the entire day in the workshop working on the BURLESQUE THEATER which turned out great. Wait until you see it.

Now I just have to work on the interior walls and details and it should be something else.

I hope to have some pictures and a video of what I've got so far shortly.

Please stay tuned in. I'm beat.

cranky doesnt give himself enuff credit....... heres two more that cranky did the bodywork & paint, and i did the rest.......

bad013.jpg

bad018.jpg

bad004.jpg

and the next one........more of crankys killer paint work!

49m003.jpg

49m002.jpg

49m007.jpg

great paintwork virgil!...errr i mean doc cranky! haha! i had a blast building them!

thanks for lookin

Bryan M

Erik, believe it or not, I saw that Mini airbrushed down in Ft. Lauderdale last year, done in scale. What a great paint job.

Bryan, thanks for sharing those builds, buddy . . . it's good to see them holding up after all these years.

I am off to buy some paint to paint the shadowbox. Black on the outside, red velvet on the inside.

Stay tuned in . . . also, I got all the parts of the 49 Merc in primer now.