Model Cars Magazine Forum

Starting custom zr1................. Need ideas!

blackace183

At least fix that hideous hood and weird headlights, the rest might be salvageable...BTW, I built a model like this not long after this movie came out to try to fix this mess. I wish I had pics of it, it came out decent enough that it fueled my fire for customs!

CorvetteSummer001-vi.jpg

Edited by Custom Mike

At least fix that hideous hood and weird headlights, the rest might be salvageable...BTW, I built a model like this not long after this movie came out to try to fix this mess. I wish I had pics of it, it came out decent enough that it fueled my fire for customs!

CorvetteSummer001-vi.jpg

I thought that car was an ugly puke job back then and it still is! Everything bad about the 70's custom car craze is reflected in that car, including cheap foglights from the automotive department at KMart!

Cut off the top to turn it into a convertible, add the back deck from the snap ragtop, add chrome roll over hoops, spruce up the interior with some exterior matching colour, add lots of carbon fibre, come up with a better grill, widen the fenders a bit, do something diferent with the fender grills. It would be subtle but different.

You could also try to add some of the features of the new C7 with hood/fender grills, wierd shaped tail lights etc.

Spewed the Dew eh?

:P :P :P :P :P

LOL!!!!

There are 2 of those original Corvette Summer cars in existence. One was the car they used for stunts, and one for close ups. I have seen both in one place, and was told that I could buy the stunt car for $10,000.00, or the show car for $50,000.00(in 1980). If I had the money I definitely would've bought the car...

Edited by Custom Hearse

I agree with Mark. The car fits the movie to a "Tee"!

So.... if you don't like it then... what would a "Corvette Summer" car look like TODAY if built by a kid today?

(But, one should use some styling queues from the original due to continuity you understand.)

Edited by Jairus

• 2 months later...