Model Cars Magazine Forum

Started May 12th......how you guys build so fast is beyond me. Basic paint detail build...no aftermarket goodies. Colors are Black Cherry Pearl and Phoenetian Yellow Testors Laquer system with a tan interior.

027-2.jpg, 028-3.jpg, 029-3.jpg, 036-3.jpg

I will be using the 'Stock' tires/wheels option with the lowered suspension. Stock headlights with the custom 38 grill and front-end. Detail in the bed will be some 5 gallon buckets and a few boxes to simulate cake icing and bakery supplies (this build is a whim for the girlfriends side job of making cakes...she thinks it is a great idea and will be supplying me with the artwork that I will hand-paint on the doors.

035-3.jpg, 031-3.jpg, 032-3.jpg, 033-3.jpg, 037-2.jpg

Well Nick, to be honest I don't see how you can crank them out so fast. I am actually trying to work this one quickly and I still seem to have a long way to go.

Thanks for the compliment on the colors and progress guys. Pale Yellow combined with the Dark Cherry seemed like it would go well together........guess we'll see when the cab/box meets the running boards/fenders.

If I can get it done I will Dan.........it isn't any superdetailed piece by any means, just a detail paint build. I am trying to take a break from the scratchbuilding/modification mess my FOX communuity build Mustang is!

Got the cab in Yellow today, along with the whitewalls shot and wheels/tires re-assembled (Tamiya fine white primer works well for doing the whitewalls by the way). Also got the cab windowframe shot and ready to go in. Work tonight, so i had to stop to get some rest for the coming work week! Pics soon.