Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell '57 Ford Custom 2'n1

This will make a really cool police car! As for the Ranchero with a stock look - or a wagon - why can't they simply make a separate body mold for each body style without destroying the current one and thus allow themselves more sales and more options down the road? And speaking of that - I wonder why the '57 Fairlane was never released as a convertible by AMT? As a matter of fact, there are not many older convertibles out there at all. How many good kits were forever lost in stock form when the company altered the body such as the '65 Fairlane and oh yes - that Chevy panel that became the "Barnabas (sp?) truck from Dark Shadows?

Is that a Paxton supercharger I see to the left of the two license plate bases in the second last image above?

Definitely looks like a finned Paxton housing to me. What I DON'T see is the large-diameter hose from the very distinctive air-filter housing to the blower, the filter housing itself, the hose from the blower to the round carb-air-box, or the air-box. (a Paxton blower setup was a factory option on some models in '57, and there was a dealer-installed version).

Not all all. Anything I post for the benefit of the Hobby is sharable. BTW, I do not intend to go to Cleveland for this year's IHOBBY, so there won't be a report out as I've done the previous three years.

What if we all chip in and get you a bus ticket and some vouchers for meals, would you consider going then????? :P

Just kidding Gerry, you have contributed alot over the years here with your pictures, whether it is a 1:1 car show, a model car show or the iHobby show and I for one do appreciate it!

Hopefully there is another modeler from the Cleveland area that will go and give us a report on what is happening.

• 4 weeks later...

I've got a busy day going for me today but I'll post some more updates as time permits. For now here's the photos of the Box Art 57 Fords. This is another that's been on my want list ....

172-vi.jpg

173-vi.jpg

207-vi.jpg

183-vi.jpg

206-vi.jpg

The 62 Corvette will be up next and then I'll get in to the Cuda and Mustang parts trees .....

-Steve

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I haven't seen any online sellers stocking this kit yet...

Looking at the box art, I am looking forward to this kit more than the other recent releases. I see a nice set of steel wheels (are the drag steels deeper than the stock wheels? That would be a bonus), M&H slicks (Decal?), cool set of optional decals, and a lot of possibilities. I don't usually say "I'll buy a case", because I won't, but I will buy three to four of these.

One thing I never understood from a design standpoint- why does the bumper stand so far away from the body, necessitating that huge splash pan to cover the gap? :blink:

Probably to keep them bug eye headlights from getting hit first in a crash. :P I love 57 Fords, but the headlights always looked wrong to me.

What do you suppose the "BENT EIGHT" drag decal with the lit bomb artwork refers to?

It means it has a v8

I , too , was wondering what the deuce "Bent Eight" meant ! In my mind , "bent" , in reference to engines , means "slanted-over" (i.e. , Chrysler's Slant Six , which is colloquially referred to as "bent six").

Well at least Revell's choice of description is unique :)