Model Cars Magazine Forum

Drag Radial Camaro

Pullin Gears

I'm working on an easy, fun build. It's a promo so there's no motor. I scratchbuilt the hood out of evergreen sheet plastic and half-round. You can see the "Bullhorn" exhaust that will exit the front fenders, sitting on the ground next to the paint-detailed tail lights.

IMG_6452.jpg

The wing and chute mount were also scratch built. I need to add some sort of strut for support. The decals in the rear window are slixx left overs.

IMG_6455.jpg

The idea is that this is a turbo car, so inside I scratch built an intercooler and related plumbing. Next, I will build a roll cage, fuel cell, and some electronics.

IMG_6457.jpg

Looks Great! Love the color and that hood scoop too. These cars are really popular in the USA Drag Strips and that's why I'm suprised that they can't be seen much in this scale. But good to see yours, it looks great. Can't wait to see more.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey guys! Sorry it's been so long since I've posted, life got in the way! Here is some progress on the Camaro: I have a roll cage almost finished

IMG_7022_zps401ad01c.jpg

The shifter is from Replicas and Miniatures of Maryland

IMG_7021_zpsc577c00c.jpg

I got the tires sanded and detailed, the wheels painted, window decals on, chute mounted and wired, and some burnout rubber on the quarters

IMG_7015_zps703f1943.jpg

I also lowered the front end, it will have this stance when it's finished

IMG_7012_zpsf86797ef.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks Guys! I finally made it back to the bench to wrap up the Camaro....

I painted the cage semi-flat black, with heat shrink used to replicate roll bar padding and detail wire used for zip-ties

IMG_7331_zps1bcf3818.jpg

I also scratch-built a battery box with more detail wire used for the cables. I also finished the rear down bars of the cage

IMG_7359_zpsf5bcf565.jpg

The roll bar is installed for good and the interior is finished!

IMG_7352_zpsf2fd305f.jpg

More pics! I also wired the shift light after I glued it on for the third time(kept hitting it mocking up the cage).

IMG_7356_zps5d192379.jpg

IMG_7357_zps7bf9d905.jpg

IMG_7351_zps4c406980.jpg

All Done!

IMG_7375_zps61ebfe39.jpg

IMG_7383_zps03048478.jpg

IMG_7367_zpseaffb7d7.jpg

IMG_7362_zpsc552a6c9.jpg

Do you guys usually post your finished drag cars in the "Underglass" section too?-Thanks