Model Cars Magazine Forum

New guy here...first post!

Harry P.

The new one... if Mercury were to make one based on the Mustang.

I have drawn a bunch of sketches and it really dosn't work for me. Thought you might have better luck.

I'll give it a shot. Check back here in a day or two... :wink:

hey Harry! GREAT work. nice to see some "good" art these days. i see a lot of people who think their good, but just don't have the eye for it. so as i was looking at your work. how much would it run to have a piece done ofone of our cars?

Ok, now do a Cougar!!! :D

Here ya go...a quick idea, not too much time spent on it, but I think it could work! Obviously based on the Mustang platform...I lengthened the Mustang's wheelbase and gave it styling cues from the classic late 60s Cougar. I left the Mustang wheels on it, though...I think they work pretty well on my "Cougar".

cougar2.jpg

Slightly thicker C pillar...

hey Harry! GREAT work. nice to see some "good" art these days. i see a lot of people who think their good, but just don't have the eye for it. so as i was looking at your work. how much would it run to have a piece done ofone of our cars?

A lot! :wink:

• 9 years later...

Harrys first post. Just shows what a talented artist he was.

And designer. He had a great eye for proportion and line. Much of his restyle work was far better than a lot of what's coming out of the car manufacturer's studios, or the big-name custom houses. I had hoped to collaborate with him on a 1:1 project sometime down the road, and just never imagined he'd be gone before me.

His seven-part Photoshop tutorial series shows what kind of guy he was...somebody who would take the time and make the effort to share his knowledge, and try to teach others that they could master new skills and techniques.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy