Model Cars Magazine Forum

Police, Fire, Rescue CBP

Janne Herajärvi

Well big update, nearly done, just need to put it all together as one, and print some plates. According to what I learned the lights should be correct, Amber is California manditory, Red steady burn is on almost all LAPD unmarked & detective cars, and the Blue was added to all LAPD cars after the '85 (?) Olympics.

FILE0465.jpg

FILE0460.jpg

FILE0461.jpg

FILE0467.jpg

FILE0463.jpg

Lights are scratchbuilt with parts box lenses, the radio is a mix of modified kit parts and parts box.

Nick

Ok even though I've been off the site for a while I have been building. Here's where I'm at as of today. Polished paint and markings.

DSCF3177.jpg

DSCF3178.jpg

DSCF3179.jpg

DSCF3180.jpg

DSCF3181.jpg

DSCF3182.jpg

DSCF3183.jpg

These are the decals by Bill Bozo. They were real easy to work with and took solvent well. I believe they are printed by an ALPS printer. They wouldn't be that visible on a dark car but on this one I think they are great. The kit decals only had one Dodge symbol so I used it on the front. That was another thing that pizzed me off with this kit.

A few small details and this ones on the shelf. I have decided to go ahead and build the other Dodge in my stash as a black and white CHP slicktop.

G

Is it alright if i jump in becuase ive been thinking about doing a 49 ford police car and then when i seen this thread and i thought it would be cool if i could join in

Do It!!!

Here's some inspiration if you don't mind.

DSCF0327.jpg

015.jpg

DSCF0380.jpg

G

Edited by AgentG

Sorry, I'm just enthusiastic about the old '49 Ford kit!

Thanks all for the positive comments. I really had to push to keep on this. So much so that the Caprice is stalled, but will be finished this go 'round for sure.

Oh Janne here's one I built years ago based on the Impala SS. It's a CHP recruitment car from the late '90's. I was driving a '96 Caprice at the time so all the reference I needed was at work right under the hood. Yes the radiator hoses are green, the real ones were a high heat resistant silicone compound, and mint green.

DSCF0331.jpg

DSCF0332.jpg

DSCF0333.jpg

DSCF0334.jpg

G