Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lightweight Jag E-type...prettiest Jag ever?

Gotta agree with you, Bill! Stunning cars!

And these pix are outstanding. A couple of things I had never noticed before ~ the horizontal bead on the curvature of the rear fenders from the license plate cove to the rear wheel openings and the perforations across the license plate cove.

Thanks for sharing. B)

Quite likely, especially as they are such a pure rendering of the original Malcolm Sayer design. And I agree, these are great pics. But the Low-Drag Fixed-Head Coupe variants based on the Lightweight would definitely give it a run for its money.

The original Malcolm Sayer designed thin-steel "lightweight" Low-Drag Coupe prototype from 1961 sold to Dick Protheroe:

cut7.jpg

jaguar-etype.jpg

lightweight.jpg

The Sayer-penned factory Fixed-Head Coupe conversion from an all-aluminum Lightweight, the Lindner-Nocker Low-Drag Coupe which was nearly destroyed at Montlehery in 1964:

lindner-nocker-jagua-2_600x0w.jpg

Resized_Jaguar-E-LM64-16-A.jpg

Lindner__Nocker_Jaguar_Low_Drag_lightwei

The third Low Drag coupe, a private conversion of a Lightweight designed by Prof. Samir Klat and Frank Costin, the Lumsden-Seageant "Long Nose":

521395df499ec.jpg

49fxn31.jpg

Bernard, wonderful pictures of the Jag low-drag cars. Man, it's wild how aggressive and hairy the XK-E can look (I think the production car is beautiful, but it always struck me as a little effeminate) with the relatively subtle mods to stance and body showcased in these race versions.

I think I'll have to add some low-drag builds to my impossible-to-get-done-in-this-lifetime list. :)

the lightweights were indeed very sexy & special ...the low drag coupe body even more so, and in my top 10 list for certain!

after my D-type full detail, I definitely need to produce a low drag coupe in full detail (the Profil in only curb, but otherwise excellent body shape)

Edited by Jeremy Jon