Model Cars Magazine Forum

Cars - pro touring, slammed, mild builds.

relaxednoma

Since I did the same with the trucks, figured I'd follow suite with the cars. A few WIP.

Camaro, pro touringish style. getting the stance dialed in, checking body fitment etc.

Still not sure on wheels. Have a set of 18/20 resin super sport wheels on the way, along with 20 inch resin rallye's.

IMG_1603.jpg

IMG_1602.jpg

front on stands, new style Camaro wheels out back

IMG_1598.jpg

Checking with the new Camaro wheels all around, not sure.

IMG_1595.jpg

The 56 Chevy. using an Aoshima lexus chassis underneath it to allow it to lay body and have the suspension adjustable. Will have different wheels.

IMG_1594.jpg

Much more to come.

thanks. Yeah most of the time i'd prefer to have the stance altered downwards, although i do have a silverado NBS truck that's a 4x4 version, which I'll be spraying black and putting up just a smidge to simulate a daily driver on 33 M/T's with 20's to mimic my 1:1 03 Sierra daily driver.

I have a challenger and a 300C that I'll need to make some headway on. Just stocked up on some tubing for exhaust with some mufflers and some other odds and ends as well.

Wheels in progress.

PICT3616.jpg

PICT3617.jpg

PICT3618.jpg

PICT3620.jpg

Edited by relaxednoma

Alright Alright, I am going to keep my eyes on these builds Keep em going

lol I'll do my best. will be knocking some out on the Challenger and taking pics tomorrow of that.

I need to drop some of my car.....Looks sick!!!

Thanks! every ride in my eyes has a need for that perfect stance of height and wheel.tire combo!

Edited by Casey

nice work ,? how are the front wheels able to steer ?

Well the Camaro would in a 1:1 situation contain something along the lines of what the company Air Ride Technologies out of Jasper Indiana does. They produce full on air suspension kits that allow pneumatically adjustable ride heights, but they are performance orientated. You'll find a lot of them at road courses and autocross events on the older iron. once of my favorite subjects besides rocker dragging trucks.

The 56 is more of a full on show piece that would air up to drive. Street cruiser and show car style.

Im doing a similiar Camaro build and for reference on the newer Camaro wheels, with a lip they look phenomenal, imo.

stp61281.jpg

stp61232.jpg

Ive got a build thread in this section somewhere I need to update lol. The Camaro looks how. I like the wheels on it, but not on that particular build. Needs something sportier, imo.

Scott, I like the Camaro, and I am a fellow mini trucker. (At least, I take it Noma is for Sonoma and saw the Mini Truckin sticker.) I noticed you got Relaxed in your screen name. Are you in Relaxed Atmosphere?

Edited by Skydime

Im doing a similiar Camaro build and for reference on the newer Camaro wheels, with a lip they look phenomenal, imo. Ive got a build thread in this section somewhere I need to update lol. The Camaro looks how. I like the wheels on it, but not on that particular build. Needs something sportier, imo.

I absolutely love those wheels, def. rethinking my direction on the car wheel wise now that I've seen yours. Awesome build, I'll have to hunt that up!

Scott, I like the Camaro, and I am a fellow mini trucker. (At least, I take it Noma is for Sonoma and saw the Mini Truckin sticker.) I noticed you got Relaxed in your screen name. Are you in Relaxed Atmosphere?

Thanks! Always good to have another minitrucker on the same forum! And yup you hit the nail on the head. I'm in the kentucky chapter of ///RA, and actually if your in eastern ky, I'll have to ask or assume that you've hit heritage? Lee (or LMC) who puts it on is one of my closest friends.

Here's my sonoma, this was coming home from Heritage this year actually.

267584_10151020552066467_981775820_n.jpg

185066_480211028669405_183476090_n.jpg

And from Camp N Drag this year.

324011_497710596910314_732510046_o.jpg

Cool S truck man. Yeah, I've been to Heritage quite a few times. This is the only forum I do now. Is Lee still running BTR? My truck is currently under the knife so, it may be while before it gets back there.

On topic, I think the modern Camaros look great on the build...big fan of those wheels.

Edited by Skydime

Ahhh what a small world! Yeah I've cut my forum stuff back quite a bit, it's funny how so many interests (trucks, models, carpentry, etc) can take up so much time in their own right! Yep he sure is, the older version finally crashed for good and this newer one has been up now for at least a year I think. Would love to hear some details about your truck sometime!

Yeah, I'm thinking more and more on the modern camaro's or something with a serious lip.

like this subject,

thanks!

Nice builds man! I actually recognize your truck from s10 forum. I'm on there too actually. Brown99sonoma.

Keep up the good work and your noma is nice, Wish mine was that nice lol.

Thanks jared, i appreciate the kind words. Ahhhh i recognize your s/n from there, IIRC you recently got wheels right? Coys or Boss 338's? really like your truck as well. If the plans pan out correctly, the sonoma will be stock floored in the next 5 months, finally lol

Edited by relaxednoma

Jared still likin those s10's lol i still got my blazer shes getting a lil over haul

blazer you say? We are doing a full frame and LSx swap on my buddies blazer/jimmy this winter.

nice builds i like them! what are you doing for frames???? how are you lowering them??thanks carter
well for the 56, it's an Aoshima lexus adjustable suspension chassis under it, I'll be change the rollers though for sure.

for the camaro, it's "static slammed" for the moment, i want to build a tube front end for it though and scratchbuild some air ride technologies shockwaves.

Edited by relaxednoma