Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 65 Lincoln

kk916

I'm off of school for a few weeks so I decided to dig into a model that wouldn't give me more gray hair....boy did I pick the wrong one. :huh:

I spent about 6 hours last night just getting the body usable.I had to cut and remove the front fender to get it to refit right, I had to scratch build a door jamb based on the opposite side and I had to take a hair dryer to the A pillars...

About 5 this morning I got it to a paintable point and threw some primer on it and caught some shut eye. I came back about 2 hours later ( I love insomnia...really) and decided to throw some paint on it. I went with a two tone scheme which is not usually something I do but I figured it was time for something different. it ended up looking a little on the Harley edition side but its ok I guess. I'm using Testors one coast Lacquer ( I love that stuff) and some Krylon Satin black for the paint. heres some pics so far, I've got ALOT more to go though so stay tuned.... Next stop Riverside hobbies for some BMF and rims...

P7290002.jpg

P7290003.jpg

I've made a little bit of progress on this one. The other day wore me out trying to get everything straight so I've been dragging butt on it.

I think I need some advice.... I love white interior in real cars, but have always avoided it in models because it looks like I glued it in without painting it when I do it....I REALLY want white interior in this car but want to avoid the "glued in" look. Anyone have any advice on making the upholstery looking more realistic? I've BMF'd the chrome and the carpet is black but thats all I can think of. :lol: I'll post pics here in a bit :blink:

:lol: K2, was there somethin wrong with it when you started? Was the body warped? why did you cut the front fenders off?Is that the original chassis, or did you use the 62 T-bird chassis?Sorry for all the questions, but you musta done alot to it, cuz it looks prettygood to me.I do like the two tone.

I've made a little bit of progress on this one. The other day wore me out trying to get everything straight so I've been dragging butt on it.

I think I need some advice.... I love white interior in real cars, but have always avoided it in models because it looks like I glued it in without painting it when I do it....I REALLY want white interior in this car but want to avoid the "glued in" look. Anyone have any advice on making the upholstery looking more realistic? I've BMF'd the chrome and the carpet is black but thats all I can think of. ;) I'll post pics here in a bit :lol:

I'd try a little light ink washes maybe. or a little off white color.

starint2.jpg

dpl.jpg