Model Cars Magazine Forum

'Technical' Warfare

ZombieHunter26

This sounds interesting...would an Escalade EXT qualify? Also, for 1/24-1/25 scale, there are 4 .50 caliber MG's in the Revellogram 1/24 UH-1B kit, and the Airfix/MPC and Trumpeter 1/24 scale prop planes have various MG's and cannons. I have the Airfix Spitfire, and it has 8 .30 caliber MG's (as well as a fairly well-detailed Rolls-Royce Merlin engine...another build...).

Any type of pickup you want to use, just keep the structural integrity in mind when placing weapons- Just like my second build for this is the 1980 Ford Bronco 2-n-1 from Monogram.

SUNP0029-vi.jpg

Here's some primer and basecoat pics.

SUNP0022-vi.jpg

SUNP0023-vi.jpg

SUNP0024-vi.jpg

SUNP0025-vi.jpg

more past the break...

SUNP0026-vi.jpg

SUNP0027-vi.jpg

SUNP0028-vi.jpg

I'll apologize in advance for the grainy photos. Weather wasn't very permitting, and overcast light messes with my camera.

The Heavy MG, the rack it sits on, and the ammo box it is connected to are all scratch built. Sprue pieces, 'remove this' tabs, and a few leftovers were all it took!

More to come as the process continues.

So I skipped right through some of the in progress pics, because I tend to zone right on in while I build-

I'll describe what I've done, then post some pics.

After I finished the touchups on the base coat, I detailed my bits, layed some custom OD green wash on the gun, and misted flat sand camo over the the assembled body. I gave it a flat clear coat, and a -really- fine mist of flat black. Another light clear coat, and then a detailing of the underside for oil and gas leakage.

A black wash over the body gave it more of a gritty, dirty feel, and I intentionally clouded out the windshield.

I will be taking pics after this posts, so stay tuned for an update.

Edited by ZombieHunter26

Could you please post a quick how to on that MG.

Will do, once I get the opportunity to draw it up.

For now, though, the almost completely finished end result. After my clouding job on the windshield, I feel i need to re-do it. I did not notice the drip mark on the driver's side in the flourescent light last night, but pictures today in the sunlight makes it painfully apparent.

Here's the pics!

IMG_20120319_134108-vi.jpg

IMG_20120319_134206-vi.jpg

IMG_20120319_134220-vi.jpg

IMG_20120319_134333-vi.jpg

IMG_20120319_134400-vi.jpg

I'll get that tutorial up soon.

Your thread might not have drawn the participation that you had expected, but you should continue to show your progress. There are still some interested, and down the road others might reference this thread for their own model. PM me if you would like it re opened.

Rob Z, Doug and Rob are right, some of these CB threads take a while to pick up steam, but in the meantime I for one am enjoying the heck out of your builds, in particular this truck that blurs the line between Urban Fighter and TZH.

And the paint on this one is subtle and you've achieved some great effects and details.

As a sometimes consultant for a PMC, I occasionally travel. I was in Nigeria a few years ago and saw some guys heading out to patrol. There were so many troops in that truck it wouldn't have surprised me to see a freakin' muppet riding shotgun. This pic reminds me so much of that day I just smile.

:D

G

Howdy folks, just poppin' in to let you know I'm alive-

Just got done movin' back in with my folks- fun times indeed. I swear our pillowtop mattress must weigh a metric ton, and on top of that it rained on the way out :\

But I'm settling back in, got half of everything unpacked :P

Good to see you guys getting into conversations! I'll be back on in a bit to see what's up after I get some more stuff unpacked.

I want to find a good 1/24 or 1/25 scale kit of a pickup. Then I will take the top off the cab, add some mg's to the cowl, and put a recoiless rifle in the bed.

I've seen a few done this way and it just looks cool. I for one wouldn't go near the frikkin' thing, but it does look cool.

;)

G

Just got back from the Birmingham Classic and now will resume my forum activities beginning with a peek to see what is going on with this thread.

Not much, just waiting on me to get the kit I can't seem to find anywhere but online, and for some of the other guys on here to get their stuff together too :P

You should try it out! I think you'd enjoy yourself immensely.