Model Cars Magazine Forum

Gasser in the garage diorama, I built a while back.

larman

This is a small dio I built a while back. I used a wooden plaque from AC Moore as a base and foamcore for the walls. The car is a '36 Ford 5w by AMT. It is chopped, and has a jacked up straight axle front end. I used bits and pieces fro my parts box to finish it. The figures are from the Fujimi garage set. The ramps are scratch built. Thanks for looking. -Larman

garagescene032_vi.jpg

garagescene033_vi.jpg

garagescene057_vi.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Hi....Larman...I missed your diorama message from May , 24. The use of a wooden plaque is great . Military modelers use this method for there dioramas. It makes a neat final presentation. This black plaque looks great , it adds a pro look..............Barbo

Larman,

It is nice to see someone building there own walls and base for their dios. It is also nice to see that somone has taken the time to weatehr the walls a little. Most dio walls that we see are stark white and add no personality to the scene. May I suggest a few spots of oil on the floor and maybe a few rags thrown around. Maybe even a poster to break up the walls. Maybe even curled up at the corner...

Great Job!