Model Cars Magazine Forum

74 GTX "Panic Tang" Updated photos

DrKerry

That blower setup looks potent! Your doing some very nice work here, Doc. From an aesthetic standpoint, the front end looks almost as if it's bent upward. I suppose this could be a visual anomaly caused by the different colored plastic on top of the fenders or the absence of the windshield.

I agree that the side pipes would be awkward with the viper exhaust, plus, they just don't seem to fit the character of the build. Maybe some ground effect skirts would serve for the visual lowering.

(Boy, I'm sure in "opinionated mode" today :lol: )

Thanks Ira!!!

Hey Johann, the fenders do have the look but they are level with the body. The glass I'm hoping will add a bit more weight to the visual look when it gets in there. I thought of also hanging the sidepipes from a Cobra off the side but not sure I want the exhaust hanging on the side of this thing. I also looked at sectioning the nose to allow it to drop lower, there for I wouldn't have to drop the body sides down. That would allow the whole car to be dropped and it would be where I want it to ride....

• 1 month later...

I like your design, especially how it all fits together. Agree with your decisions so far. Love to see full customs on the forum. I've never tried Apoxie Sculpt, never even seen it in a store. Have you ever tried Loctite repair putty (general purpose, 5 min)? Wondering how it would compare. I started using it recently and can recommend it. It comes in a dark blue cylinder of putty with a white center - just cut off a piece, no measuring. Doesn't stick to wetted fingers but does adhere well to paint and styrene; hardens quickly so you can't mix up more than you can use in a few minutes. When hard (probably more like ten minutes plus if you've used any water with it), its easy to work and reasonably strong. Use alcohol for easy clean-up.

• 9 months later...