Model Cars Magazine Forum

Temorary tattoos for decals, looking for tips.

I've recently found some with patterns I really like, and I know that there's a few builders that have used them successfully on models. I'm looking for any tips or issues i need to look out for. Particularly if I wanted to clearcoat them, as well as applying them to an uneven surface. One the designs I have would make a great trucking logo, I'm considering using it on the sides of the Mobeus Great dane trailer when i get one to with my Loanstar.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

As most temp. tattoos go on like an ink stamp(or 'tampo'), it might be impossible at best to get them on an uneven surface....you might be better off sending the piece to a decal maker for conversion into a more useable media for models.

http://www.pulsarprofx.com/decalpro/

I understand what you are trying to do but I don't think it will work. Here is a link to a kit that you can turn these images into water slide decals and it will make temporary tattoos too. This kit will make white, silver and gold images but you need a laser printer or a toner generated image to apply your artwork to. It is a few steps but mostly they turn out nice.

Thanks for the input, guys. It sounds like it was a good idea to aks before i jumped in and really messed things up. I do have a good scanner and a laser printer, I may just apply them to peice of flat sheet plastic for scanning and convert them to a regular decal. Besides, that'll allow me to makes smaller versions to go on the truck doors :) .