Model Cars Magazine Forum

Gratiot County Michigan Interceptors, Impalas, and Explorers

I so far have not been able to track down Ithaca's new Caprice, but I did get a shot of their current Impala, as well as a 'retired' Gratiot County Ford.
IMG_41861-vi.jpg

IMG_41871-vi.jpg
This is an older car- the current Gratiot county cars are solid black.

29_430325847023078_856766323_n-vi.jpg

9_430326047023058_1924173982_n-vi.jpg
The Ithaca cars were blue for a while, but they now run black Impalas, as it seems that the blue ones went for way less money at auction when they were taken out of service.

Question- do the police Impalas come without front hubcaps? I ask because this and the other two Ithaca cars have hubcaps on the rear wheels only.

Edited by Michigan Madman

Question- do the police Impalas come without front hubcaps? I ask because this and the other two Ithaca cars have hubcaps on the rear wheels only.

Perhaps so they can have faster pit stops? :lol:

Seriously, all the police Impalas around here have a full complement of hubcaps.

B)

Kind of what I thought. :lol:

Funny- stopped at the Ithaca post again today, and nobody knows where the new Caprice is. Even though every other police agency in the county knows about it- it's the only Caprice in Gratiot County. :huh:

Anyway- managed to get a few more...

4-vi.jpg

8-vi.jpg

8-vi.jpg

10-vi.jpg

And here's a link to an album of Michigan police cars on my Fotki- I plan to update it as frequently as I can- http://public.fotki.com/ChuckMost/11-reference-pictures/gratiot-county-cop-car/

• 4 months later...