Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hadn't done much of any drawing in a loooong while,

Joe Handley

Kinda Harry, might be partially his fault I'm getting back into drawing too! I got hooked on drawing art-deco-esk cars, Kustoms, and hot rods back when Clinton was still in office and I was still working for Toy's "R" Us, but after taking a couple art classes '01-'02 I just lost the interest in doing stuff like this all together for the past several years I'd try to put ideas to paper and all I did was waste materials. Well, for some odd reason I was at the Office Depot next to work a couple of times buying a Cherry Coke and Reeses Peanutbutter Cups and did a quick sketch on a test pad they had by the register, then got bored at work a few days ago and banged out a few rough sketches of the above style cars and a mid 50's domestic style car on a pad of paper. Next day I went next door before work and picked up a pad of paper, some colored pencils, and some erasers and ended up drawing those cars out that night. Not sure why I decided to pick this back up again, but I've already knocked out a couple more sketches since then.

Here those are;

My attempts at a "Hot Hatch" and a small Mini Van

IMG_2280.jpg

Then a heavily worked over Merc

IMG_2281.jpg