Model Cars Magazine Forum

80s Ramcharger 4x4 rock crawler...GETTIN CLOSE.

hey fellas here a quick small update not a big one since the holiday weekend an me goin to court an getting custody of my 8 yr old for the rest of the summer ...

but here it is well start with the shocks they are about 95% done just need to make the mounting points on the top and bottomn of them...

and the start of the upper shock bar for the front..

002-3.jpg

the next few pics are of the rear 3link wishbone i decided to go with i think it came out awsome ..

what do you guys think..

003-3.jpg

006-1.jpg

005-1.jpg

004-3.jpg

great work dude what color you going with

well thanks for the comment bro..

an well the color is a toss between pumkin orange ,an a color called HOT TAMALE from the pure ice nail polish brand its kinda pearlish an matalic...

as much to my dissmay i have to stop the build up of this crawler. due to my wifes little bro.. he is a big titanic fan so we all got him a $100.00 minicraft model kit. of the titanic , this kit is museum quality the intruction shet is a 42 page book . with brass parts an ,chains, its sick ..

but i build cars an truck , but since im the only person they kw that builds i got elected to build it for him but its cool change of pace for me ,

and his dad has a 73 dodge short bed truck im tryin to get from him so it just might work out in my favor....lol

sry to all you that were watching this thread if i do get time to tinker with it trust me i will and will post if anything does get done

i did get the gages cut out of the dash for a custom gage pack, did some body work, an started on the HEMI , i cut the trans off the small block that came in the kit an will mate it to a revells 68 charger HEMI.

but sry guys .......

• 4 weeks later...

well i finaly have a little update its not much but i just had to share it ,,, thanks to Romell and his tips for painting with nailpolish i got the ramcharger painted...( thanks bro)

well the color i went with is called hot tamale it has 10 lite coats ,an 3 coats clear..tell what you think

and no the titanic is not done yet ...lol but i am doin a lill to the truck i started on the 4 wheel stear nuckels ..pics later ... :unsure::lol::lol::lol:

001-4.jpg

002-4.jpg

004-4.jpg

003-4.jpg

well i desided to put the titanic on hold it was peein me off.

so i got a lil more done with the ram.

this first pic is the 4 wheel steer hubs mounted on the aluminum axels..

001-5.jpg

002-5.jpg

next pic is the hub i made x4.. still gotta make the stearing knuckle and finish with a hydrolic stear ram..

003-5.jpg

next the rear is 98% done ... just gotta cut notches in the frame for the upper shock mounting brackets to go..

004-5.jpg

Edited by mopar01lee

Are you switching the Super Swamper TSL's for Boggers? If you are going to use the Swampers i have one just like it with a wheel that looks like those except for the beadlocks, if you want a spare tire for it, you can have this one. I only have one, who knows where the other three went.LOL. LMK if you want it.

Are you switching the Super Swamper TSL's for Boggers? If you are going to use the Swampers i have one just like it with a wheel that looks like those except for the beadlocks, if you want a spare tire for it, you can have this one. I only have one, who knows where the other three went.LOL. LMK if you want it.

shure bro im not useing these on this build, they are there cuz i have to dill a biger hole in the krawlers im usein ..... but i will use them on a 96 vts ram build....

thanks ill pm ya with my addy

Romell , thanks again for you comments they are always welcome my friend ..with that bein said .

ya ive seen that buid befor an its awsome lill to intence for me right now .. but ill get there some day..

and thsnks for them nail polish tips for air brushin... B)B)B)

Romell , thanks again for you comments they are always welcome my friend ..with that bein said .

ya ive seen that buid befor an its awsome lill to intence for me right now .. but ill get there some day..

and thsnks for them nail polish tips for air brushin... B):D:o

Oh ok I deleted it because like i said I didnt want ot highjack your thread. take care bro :P

well heres a big update well sorta....the supension is done heres a mock up before i rip it apart for paint.....

here here are some prog pics an the frame ....

001-6.jpg

010.jpg

013.jpg

011.jpg

those were the final stages of fab....heres the mock up an completed frame so far....

021.jpg

020-1.jpg

019-1.jpg

018.jpg

016.jpg

015.jpg

Edited by mopar01lee

I said I'm not much into rock crawlers, but that I would come and take a look at this, but i have to admit you have done some great scratch building on this, an the paint looks great, I only have on question, are you going to have 4 wheel drive? or just the 2....

Edited by unforgiven

Hey thanks for checkin it out bro. An yes it will be a 4x4 I just haven't put the aluminum center on the front. Its on the back cuz of the wish bone upper link I needed it there. But when done they both be on. And I still gotta tear it all down now an detaile paint the parts. Have a good one

Man, your doing a good job there! I have afew projects on the work bench myself right now and afew other projects I'm trying to get work done on for on my model show LOL to update.

I really like the work you have been doing on this and the most recent updates with the photos. Keep up the good work man!

013.jpg

Davin, are you using the Boggers like in the mock up? If so, just a little helpful tip, the ones on the left hand side of the pic are facing the wrong direction. The Bogger, as far as I know, is supposed to be a directional tread, and should be facing the same direction as the right rear tire.

No I'm not use the boggers. I will be usein 50in crawlers. The boggers are 48in. Yes thanks for the eye but I do kw they were on wrong. there mearly there for mock up only but yes these are diretional tires.and the funny thing is that's the odd ball I have to pull that rim off an put the tire on right I cought it when I was doin mock up pics lol

Thanks for the comment bro.

Edited by mopar01lee

David, your doing a really awesome job here ... I've been watching this thread since you started it. As someone who loves working with styrene bits and aluminum stock I really appreciate all the effort you've put into this so far. Its looking marvelous and cant wait to see more updates. Super job!

No I'm not use the boggers. I will be usein 50in crawlers. The boggers are 48in. Yes thanks for the eye but I do kw they were on wrong. there mearly there for mock up only but yes these are diretional tires.and the funny thing is that's the odd ball I have to pull that rim off an put the tire on right I cought it when I was doin mock up pics lol

Thanks for the comment bro.

No problem at all, Davin. I'm waiting to see this finished, I've had an idea or two of building a buggy, and watching this one come together might just get me working on it! :)

Edited by highway

Ok bro when you gonna show us the model and stop posting pics of an actual truck build from some 4x4 magazine !:huh: This is a model forum show us the model! LOL :lol: Just kidding bro great job on this one. I love to see a scratch built suspension set up. Outstanding work indeed!

Ok bro when you gonna show us the model and stop posting pics of an actual truck build from some 4x4 magazine !:huh: This is a model forum show us the model! LOL :lol: Just kidding bro great job on this one. I love to see a scratch built suspension set up. Outstanding work indeed!

Romell that is too funny. Thanks bro if u like it so far just wait till u see what's instore for the hemi I started it and it'll be a bit but ull love it. I promise.

Later days. Lol