Model Cars Magazine Forum

80s Ramcharger 4x4 rock crawler...GETTIN CLOSE.

heres a lill update started the custom bumper ...and the rollcage....

heres the custom bumper an yes it will be fully boxed in

i started with the stock bumper an cut the sides off an adder some .080 rod to the sides to get the look i was after..

its made to resemble a 1:1 bumper on a truck around town..oh an there will be a push type bar on it when done..... :lol::lol:

2049.jpg

2050.jpg

2051.jpg

2052.jpg

2053.jpg

heres the roll bar started not to sure if i wanna do more bars or not ,there will be a bseat bar and door bars to the floor.but im kinda stuck on if i wanna do more... B)

2054.jpg

2055.jpg

enjoy more to come soon .......

Edited by mopar01lee

Davin this is turning out so sweet ..... And dont worrie about someone tryin to tell you what you have, I have the 49' Iroks on my Ford F350 and people tried to say they werent , but i knew what i bought and if you say there 50' crawlers then goshdarnit thats what they are!

Davin this is turning out so sweet ..... And dont worrie about someone tryin to tell you what you have, I have the 49' Iroks on my Ford F350 and people tried to say they werent , but i knew what i bought and if you say there 50' crawlers then goshdarnit thats what they are!

Romell.. thanks bro .. i didnt give it much thought.. you kw theres people here that will give you good and bad comments . then there are some that will give you both at once. so with that its all good every one has there own opinion .. an we except there critisizum by posting are work here you cant please everyone there is always someone there to try to correct your work or your statments...

later days my friend..

Davin :angry::P:blink:B)

dang son! I love what I am seeing here, your doing a very dandy good job so far. Keep it up bud!

awwwww ..jim thanks bud .....lol

its some work but with the kids startin school time is not all there

i did get the bummper done .ill post pics when painted ..

and ill get to that mopar missile duster usein ur door hindges as soon as i get like 3 projects..

thanks bud Davin

well heres a REAlY small update ...ive gone blank on this build for a few days..

cant find some stuff im lookin for in my stash of ######.. :D;)

thing arnt goin right so im gonna let it sit for a bit (not long) just till i get my head on right .. :D:lol:

so i did get the front custom bummper done ..here are a few pics enjoy i hope .... :D:D:lol::D

006-9.jpg

007-6.jpg

Bro heres a word of warning "Never let your project sit!" just find something eles within the project to work on. Keep the wheel rolling, even if you have to go do some reserch on 4X4's (looking at pictures of nice trucks). once you let that fire burn out its gonna be surper hard to get it started again. Heres a few Ideas i hope will get you goin again. 1. scartch build a stereo equipment, 2. make a spare tire mount for the bed. 3. detail the chassis with nuts and bolts. 4. weather the chassis, 5. make sunvisors . these are some of the things I do to keep the buil going. You get it just do anything to keep the fire burning. Im looking forward to you finishing this one. Keep ya head up bro TTYL. Romell

Bro heres a word of warning "Never let your project sit!" just find something eles within the project to work on. Keep the wheel rolling, even if you have to go do some reserch on 4X4's (looking at pictures of nice trucks). once you let that fire burn out its gonna be surper hard to get it started again. Heres a few Ideas i hope will get you goin again. 1. scartch build a stereo equipment, 2. make a spare tire mount for the bed. 3. detail the chassis with nuts and bolts. 4. weather the chassis, 5. make sunvisors . these are some of the things I do to keep the buil going. You get it just do anything to keep the fire burning. Im looking forward to you finishing this one. Keep ya head up bro TTYL. Romell

thanks for the kind words of encuragement .. it wont sit long im just lookin for stuff i cant find but i kw i have...lol

as far as some high detail parts .. bro i wish i could aforde some but ive been laid off since feb so i have to deal with what i have for now..

and its funny you mention the tire mount in the bed im gonna do one just tweekin my brain for a good spot since the tires are so big..lol

thanks for the kind words bro.....Davin

ok got a lill bit done on this thing still lookin for a lot of parts i cant find.... :angry::angry:

well lets get to it yall....

first i started the dash . i cut the insterment panel out to custom make one

the gages will be glued in from the back so there resest in .. B):o

first pic bad sry..

071.jpg

073.jpg

next i did a fuel pressure gauge.. i used a small piece of 3/16 tube an a decal to make... :P

this is kinda hard to see....

074.jpg

075.jpg

ok here i have had the ??? about the front axle if it goin to be a straight axle ..

well no heres the axles done but still need paint...

these are my aluminum axles from jbhobbies with there resin parts glued on ... B)B)

070.jpg

067.jpg

068.jpg

069.jpg

:lol:ok thats it for now ill try to do more but i think i get to go back to workin 60 hrs a week..

its been a long time since i had a job YAY... :D:lol:

cant forget the mock up pics can i ....lol here some for yalls enjoyment.. :angry:B)

oh ya i have desided to use the boggers cuz i have five of them an i will be doin a spare holder on the tail gate...

076.jpg

077.jpg

078.jpg

080.jpg

079.jpg

more to come

and ill be postin a lill update on the 69 daytona later today... B):lol:B):angry:

• 2 weeks later...

well its been some time since i posted on this .. :D

its commin along slow but its gettin there...

ok i was havin a prob with the center steer arm hittin the diff cover well (it would not fit)..

so here was my fix , i added some hard wire and bent it an used the ends as tierods..to clear

the diff and it worked just fine.. :o:D

008-3.jpg

heres the rear end had to do the same..

006-3.jpg

shot of the frame still got some paintin to do..

009-1.jpg

here im thinkin of puttin some driving lights on the bumper????? :D:wacko:

004-7.jpg

the interior is almost done ..heres a few shots ..the colum is a pice of scrap aluminum tube...

001-7.jpg

002-7.jpg

003-7.jpg

and heres an over all shot for good times ..... :blink::o:D ENJOY..

005-3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...