Model Cars Magazine Forum

'57 Chevy 150 ''Black Widow''

W-409

I'm trying to do this model well as i can. The kit is good, there is lots of parts and they fit each others well. You can also build original or Black widow version... I drilled holes to the floor for roll bar. I also started engine. Next i must paint all parts and some bolts to engine.

Body:

P1010094.jpg

Engine:

P1010096.jpg

Floor holes:

P1010095.jpg

• 1 month later...

I ordered from Model Car Import some spark plug wires from detail master. So i took these off. I must put those aftermarket wires now to place. I have built sway bar to rear axle photo comes when it's ready. I'm building brackets now. I'll make sway bar to front too. There is a good pics about 60's Stock Car Chevy: http://www.oldcarmanualproject.com/books/1957ChevyStockCarCompGuide/index.htm

yeah those would be some quickly melted ignition wires the way they are run over the header! as it is, i have the exact setup in my toyota land cruiser (350 chevy with ram horn exhaust manifolds) and i have to be super protective of the spark plug wires or they melt from the heat of the manifold. i have hi temp wires, and plug covers plus abestos sleeves on the plugs and wires where they pass near the manifild. they still melt and cause engine miss every 40k miles or so...

and i think your painting of the script on the valve covers looks better than using decals.

good work there!

• 1 month later...

After a little break i continued the project. Now interior is almost ready it needs only steering wheel and all little details. Seat decals fit perfectly but door panel decals were very hard ones... First time ever i used Scale Dreams seat belt- material with Model Car Garage's photoetched buckles. Plug wires are now installed to distributor.

TurvavytEkaaKertaaKunnonMateriaalis.jpg

KojetauluNkyyTssKuvassa.jpg

• 1 month later...

I finished spark plug wires. They always slow down the engine progress. I just don't like working with them. I added a few of details too. Oilstick came nicely from tin. I put it between bench vice. Then I rolled it over MIG- welding wire. A bit of glue and it's good. Two other details are made of an MIG- welding wire.

This is my best reference picture:

BlackWidowEngineReference.jpg

In the box, there is no that kind of air cleaner. I must built one. From that picture I can see too how the details are and whre they go.

P5210004.jpg

P5210002.jpg

P5210003.jpg

Nice job so far!

I really like all of the details that you added.

Keep up the GREAT work!

Can I just make one suggestion, though?

Take that dip stick and put it in the driver's side of the engine block where it meets the oil pan. Manual transmissions don't have dipsticks.

Edited by NJ-Wayne

Can I just make one suggestion, though?

Take that dip stick and put it in the driver's side of the engine block where it meets the oil pan. Manual transmissions don't have dipsticks.

Yes you can. That dipstick is just my bad. Have to change it. I failed.