Model Cars Magazine Forum

1978 Coroner's Van

The factory-stock wheels are included ! They're the chrome plated wheel covers (often and erroniously referred to generically as "hub caps") that are on the kit's chrome tree .

If you want for plain steelies with el-strippo hub caps , you can source them either from an old MPC Ford van kit ( "Sundowner" , et al.) or from one of the resin casters ( I recommend Missing Link , if they've got 'em) .

M.A.D. or morgan automotive detail has the wheels you need,they have a set of them for cars,and a set for trucks/vans.i have both sets,and they are both excellent.they are,however molded as one piece (wheel with dog dish cap molded on) and would need to have the caps "chromed" and the wheels painted.(or,you could sand them down from the back until you just have the caps and use them on your own wheels.) set for the truck/vans even has "ford motor company" lettering on the caps.they are $5.25 a set,and are well worth every penny.i have also been doing a coroner van,although the van will be quite a bit newer. which agency will you be doing? mine will be los angeles county coroner.

M.A.D. or morgan automotive detail has the wheels you need,they have a set of them for cars,and a set for trucks/vans.i have both sets,and they are both excellent.they are,however molded as one piece (wheel with dog dish cap molded on) [...]

Those are resin repops of the MPC E-100 Van ! I didn't realise that theose were available B) .

Hi,, I dont have any city in mind.. just a coroner decal. and a few numbers in the fender. an rig ac unit on the roof a couple of flood lights in the back and some antenas.

. No I was not thinking of extending the van, but now you have me thinking of a short van will work now. man you got me thinking now. if this will work.