Model Cars Magazine Forum

Autocar/white Construcktor

Hey, I've been reading some tidbits on the internet about this truck called the Construcktor. According to what I gleaned, it's some sort of heavy duty truck made by Autocar & White. Some truck pictures that have been labeled as Construcktors are actually Autocar DC-series trucks. Does anyone know anymore about the Construcktor?

Also, does anyone know if there are any Construcktor conversion kits, or if it's possible to build a Construcktor using existing parts from any kits?

The White Construcktor was a White Motor Co. truck that looked identical to an Autocar DC series truck.

White badged the truck as the Construcktor. (remember that White owned Autocar at the time).

When Volvo bought White, the Autocar construction trucks took on the name Construcktor.

You could build a White Construcktor from the AMT Autocar DC dump truck by reworking the grille and making some side of hood nameplates. Everything else would be the same.

Tim

Check out Autocar Trucks 1950-1987 Photo Archive, by Robert Gabrick on Iconografix. ISBN#1-58388-072-0, I think it is out of publication. You might be able to find one used.

The Construcktor, not Autocar Constucktor was built with a White/Volvo cab. Introduced in 1982, the cab has not been offered in 1/24-1/25 scale to my knowledge.

I am at present building an Autocar twin steer heavy dump truck. I bought the conversion kit from Spalding Trading and Shipping. It was the Badger BC27 at $ 50.00. Interestingly when the kit arrived there were no instructions but one very good photo of an Autocar twin steer dual drive heavy truck. The truck belonged to Wheat City Concrete. I say belonged because the truck appears to be in an auction to be sold. Interestingly on the side of the hood it says Autocar and underneath it CONST. The remainder of the word appears to be broken off. The kit only has the Autocar name plates and no Constructor name plates. Hope this is of interest.

Best Wishes