Model Cars Magazine Forum

Resin Casters, refused to buy parts?

Right on Ben!!

Yea Wayne I hear ya for sure. However I have been in business siince 1994 and have been doing great ever since legit. (DBA, I pay taxes on the business). This is also my main source of income since 1994 and I do side work, body, paint air brushing 1:1 autos.

It is true though about other casters casting bodies parts etc, stinks.

So you being a resin caster, you have been turned down by another person for buying there parts to use on your builds? That is what happend here, be it that I am also a model builder. So I guess if I quit my business I can buy the parts I would like to have to build.

But im sorry to hear about your stuff being copied, ive been there before...

Manny

Only one person has ever blocked me from purchasing any of his items and that just happens to be the same person that copied my masters. Actually, I wasn't the one blocked from making the purchase. It was my dad, whom I share the same name as a junior, but this person thought it was me that he was blocking.

I actually got out of the "casting" part for reasons like this. If I could afford it, I would have just given my parts away. I never wanted to make a living casting parts. I just wanted to make other modelers happy by offering them something never offered before. I get a huge kick out of seeing a part that I mastered on someone else's model! That makes it all worth while to me! Now I just create the masters and let other casters handle the money side of it.