Model Cars Magazine Forum

37 Ford Cabriolet

Aeroteto

I want to build this one, but I don´t know how to paint the body.

The two last bodies were in one piece, but this one have multiple pieces one including the interior floor, so I don´t know where to begin.

Any advice on this one is more than welcome!!

1-1.jpg

I turned some aluminum rod for the engine pulleys, but I can´t figure how to make the belts.

so I think i´m gonna use the kit pulley arrangement.

BSC014.jpg

Painted the transmision in aluminum, also paint the engine block to find any flaws.

The distributor cap was drilled too.

Wich is the best way to make the spark wire boots??

BSC015-2.jpg

BSC016-1.jpg

Thanks guys!

I have some troubles with this model, the big parts have many, many ejector pin marks, and the small parts have lots of flash and even some ejector pin marks.

I never see so many ejector pin marks in a small area on any aircraft model.

I have to fill and sand too much, my dear scale car modellers you have all my respect!!

did I mention that this kit have too many ejector pin marks?

BSC021-1.jpg

Even this small area will be visible.

So sanding and cleaning is in order.

BSC029-1.jpg

Under the body there are many ejector pin marks and flash.

I have to sand a lot here.

BSC025-1.jpg

BSC028-1.jpg

Under the hood there are more work to do.

BSC026-1.jpg

I cut the gas tank to make the cleaning and paint work more easier.

BSC023-1.jpg

There are some notches that need to be filled, because I´m not planing to use the bumpers.

BSC024-1.jpg

Nice work, keep it going .

Thanks guys!

I have some troubles with this model, the big parts have many, many ejector pin marks, and the small parts have lots of flash and even some ejector pin marks.

I never see so many ejector pin marks in a small area on any aircraft model.

I have to fill and sand too much, my dear scale car modellers you have all my respect!!

This summer I started working on my first airplane in a long,long time and was amazed how well everything fit and was free of injector marks, flash etc.

A dream to build compared to a lot (most) N. American auto kits. Tamiya ,Aoshima ,Hasegawa and Fujimi seem to have raised the bar.

Since 90% of what I want to build is American it appears this is the price of doing business.

Yes Wayne, looks like the Revel kits are a real challenge, but have very nice subjects.

Ok. I glued the splash panes, the side panels and the upper body to the lower body.

BSC033-1.jpg

Almost nothing fits well in this kit.

Specially the rear of the upper body, it leaves a very notorius gap.

I use basic tamiya putty to work this out.

BSC030-1.jpg

BSC031-1.jpg

due to the bad fit the rear edges doesn´t line up well, so I add a thinplastic strip.

I glue it with super glue and then sand it to get the proper contour.

BSC032-1.jpg

If you have glued the body to the fenders good luck getting the interior installed!

The underside of the floor and fenders are supposed to be textured as it represents a spray-on undercoating that is used to protected the underside of the car and prevent rocks from getting thrown up by the tires and causing a small dent from the inside out. Very common on full-scale street rods. Of course, if you wish it to be smooth that is okay as some street rods are this way too. Just pointing out it was intentional, not a quality issue.

This kit was orignally tooled in 1987 and at that time was conisidered one of the best street rod kits ever made with detail not previously seen. Even so, that was 25 years ago so the production techniques have no doubt improved since then.

Good luck with your project!

Edited by Dennis Lacy

i def eant to say good job taking the time to get rid of all the sink anmd ejector marks ..

i also think its statisfiing to build a lousy made kit into a real stunner ... a good challenge is nice every ounce in a while right ?

i mean iof all kits where perfect all the time and came together too easy it would aslo take a way part of the fun

not saying only bad kits are fun :lol: i like a well cated kit as much as the otehr guy :wub:

Thanks for your words guys.

The body is glued to the fenders, but I'm following the instruction sheet, I have no idea of the interior fiting problems to come.

I made a dry fitting try, and find no big problems, but Murphy is always near my bench.

I sand the underside smooth because, there are too many big raised ejector pin marks, so keeping the texture is near impossible.

Thank you for taking the time for visiting this WIP, any advise is always welcome, if they comes before I made mistakes is more than appreciated. :)