Model Cars Magazine Forum

my first post Moochies death

kpnuts

Hi all I am a new member to this forum, and really I suppose plastic kits, I only started again Christmas after a break of nearly 40 years. I was 10 or so when I built my last plastic kit.

So enough waffaling. After completing AMT's Plymouth Fury Christine (bit peeved there its just a reboxed Belvedere had to remove the Belvedere badging) I thought why not do a diorama of Moochies death scene, then I thought no wait a min why not do the filming of Moochies death scene. and with that thought I began. So here is my progress so far.

2w3qrmf.jpg

I tried to get a 1\24-25 model of a dozer but they are about 100 quid and I aint paying that plus postage so I thought I would see if I could get away with a 1\16 but no it looked stupid so i cut it down to 1\25

i4lh5d.jpg

312gu92.jpg

bh0rgy.jpg

had to scratch build the panaflex 35mm camera

2czq35x.jpg

2z5w21g.jpg

decided the Tarmac looked quite empty so decided to add a Tea trailer and car towing it for the crew on the shoot

jqmjht.jpg

65mkx4.jpg

317fu6e.jpg

nqb537.jpg

So that is where I am now still 2 more cameras to build all the lighting rigs the generator got to think of a logo for the Tea trailer, got to be American (being British thats a bit hard)and i want to incorporate my initials KP into it, loads more to do trouble is I keep thinking of more.Oh and of course when I pluck up the courage I have got to crush Christine into the loading bay.

So what do you think.

hi all I think I have finished the generator

2ez21rs.jpg

30ts0tu.jpg

o94pw7.jpg

1416s0z.jpg

all I have to do now is put some plugin points on it which I will do when I know how many things I will need to plugin

Edited by kpnuts

You can't get inspiration without it can you? It's one of the inspirational tools at my disposal along with whiskey, gin and vodka, of course you have to be careful not to get too much inspiration as that can lead to some very strange models.

Hi all my new leds have turned up. it always tickles me how big the box is they come in
333va6d.jpg
but this time they came with a high quality brochure here are an assortment of pics from said brochure
2v1k7me.jpg
qsa740.jpg
n4bj0n.jpg
all very nice so when I want my 30 million pound yachts lighting upgraded I know where to go.
Anyway thats not why I posted this is my simple but not particularly elegant method for lighting the super troupers
take one led
sfaxvk.jpg
bend thus
2ljkm15.jpg
make a plasticard tube the size of your chosen batteries. inset 2 batteries place bent led over the plastic tube and onto batteries
fuccc6.jpg
insert piece of plastic between the negative pole
5kir89.jpg
light goes out. remove plastic card
fuccc6.jpg
light comes on.
now all I have to do is figure out how to get that inside the super troupers, the batteries and led slip in nicely, its figuring out the switch.

Ok guys I had got bored of this and was going to put it on the back burner but due to the plane I decided to build to get my mojo back, here I am again (I have decided I dont like planes) so here is what i am up to now
I have painted the logo on one side of the trailer, which at first I thought looked rubbish but then I thought, I don't know a new business, couldn't afford a proper paint job so maybe did it themselves, anyway what it is, is what you got.
2r3w58k.jpg
then I thought about finshing the lighting I have 2 of these doing the third as we speak, one will be shorter just to add variety.
24x1lb7.jpg
2vwdw7s.jpg
29bebkl.jpg
so thats where i am now.
Edited by kpnuts

Hi all tonight's installment thought i ought to do some work on the director and his stuff and finish the lights. here is where I am at now.
Here is the little guy I am going to use as Mr John Carpenter.
343ooq0.jpg
with a little persuasion I got him to sit.
5dmlbk.jpg
So now of course he needs a seat.
2rmwe42.jpg
2mmes5s.jpg
okq54j.jpg
fdbzpu.jpg
nq79md.jpg
and here he is with the finished lights
f4mkhk.jpg
wsmj53.jpg
so thats tonights installment.

Lights Camera action
j8hdfn.jpg
I have got to say I am quite chuffed with John Carpenter
wt7uh1.jpg
fnvll5.jpg
wcjm84.jpg
ivleg8.jpg
I dont know if he has one now but the photo I have with him on the set of Christine he is sporting a moustache so I have given my little man one, he dosn't look much like John, I mean john is much slimmer than mine and he is only wearing a jumper on the pic I have, but he could have been wearing a jacket earlier so not too worried about that.

• 2 weeks later...
Well I've started building the other 2 cameras this time they are not Panavision they are Cisca they are being built as a pair but I am giving one a different lens, also one will be on a tripod and the other will be on a dolly.
25ewp60.jpg
t9ccoz.jpg
2u5rfaf.jpg
34ytp48.jpg
rc4fnc.jpg
2nbg7m0.jpg
2qmdw5j.jpg
wmdkqb.jpg
little bit more detail to put on them then build the tripod and the dolly, then the camera men\women the rest of the crew a boom mike I just suddenly thought of (i wonder if that could\would be mounted on the dolly with the camera) some kit boxes, film reels, all the cables then the dreaded crushing christine into the loading bay.

Hi folks and tonights update is,
239vrq.jpg
2mhsky1.jpg
f44r6e.jpg
2z70w8n.jpg
got to try and figure out how to attatch the seat to the dolly for the camera man/woman to operate the camera and then figure out how to attatch the boom mike to the camera then some wheels for the dolly. We really are on the home run now.