Model Cars Magazine Forum

JUKEBOX FORD COMPLETED

TorinoGTman

This is the newly released Jukebox Ford kit. It is an excellent kit mold quality is very good..tires are awesome...decals are ok but challenging. I had to use 2 sets to get them dark enough since I used black as body color. Not sure of course how'd they do with other colors. Anyway here she is hope ya like her.

P1010008-001_zps4c108262.jpg

P1010010-001_zpse305727c.jpg

P1010009-001_zps2d07de1e.jpg

P1010004-001_zps997c322b.jpg

P1010006-001_zps8c18e38a.jpg

P1010005-001_zpsa877dbee.jpg

P1010002-001_zpsa9a28b30.jpg

Oh no, Johnny's at it here! Way to go, JP! I've been following this elsewhere and it's my next build in line. I intend to use stock colors and decals; not sure about the interior yet and I've got a wide choice of rear slicks. I'm going all out on the engine build with Ted's lines and braided steel, fittings and ignition parts I've stocked up. A beautiful job. Being a fan of DRU's Pro Mods Gone Wild, I would never cannabilize this beauty for parts!

Man thanks guys for the comments really appreciated I just realized how to get posts to transfer to emails so sorry late on responses. On the tires they are awesome in this Kit the rubber is very soft and they have no sponsers printed on them so easy to decal. Yes the decals were very challenging gotta take your time and keep your surface pretty wet then smooth out with very soft paint brush.

I peeked at my kit and I believe the slicks are 2 piece (?) Maybe I'm thinking about Revell's version of Charles Carpenter's '55.. I'll never use this kind again. If fitment is no issue, I'll go with the huge 1/25 Pegasus promod style one-piece although they are a little rubbery. John turned me on to Comp Detail's one piece version which are still large, one piece as well, but are a stiffer rubber which should help the wheels fit more predictably. Another fun choice are the SMBC wrinkle wall resin slicks; just be sure to get the rotation in the right order!

• 2 weeks later...