Model Cars Magazine Forum

Discontinued Car Craft Dream Truck

carman59

Hi Nathan,

I'm enjoying seeing your various Danburys.....Danbury Mint's models were certainly the pinnacle of 1/24 detailed diecast and I, too, have collected many of them over the years. The custom and hot rod series were particularly well done

The 'Dream Truck' , known as the R&C Dream Truck was the project of Spence Murray (of Rod and Custom Magazine) and it's design and build during various itterations were covered in the magazine during the late/mid fifties as it went from one famous custom shop to the next to get modifications done to it. Sadly, it was damaged in a towing accident while on its way to a car show back in the late '50s and its wreck sat fallow for quite a while but, thankfully, it was eventually restored and I believe a clone of the original has also been done.

Danbury has been having a lot of trouble with their manufacturing facilities in China lately (closures and labour problems, etc.), and I hope they can regroup, get things sorted out and get back to producing more great 1/24 diecast models soon.

Edited by traditional