Model Cars Magazine Forum

Wild Willie Funny Car

DSCF0398_zpsac61d8a3.jpg

A little update - some fittings and one small line added. I won't try to put every fitting and line on this build. I'd go crazy. My hat off to those that can. A wash will be added to bring out detail.

Edited by GoatGuy

• 3 weeks later...

DSCF0406_zps8ef9bc03.jpg

A small update showing some photoetch parts put on the pumps. A couple of the parts can't be seen too well because they are behind other parts and painted black. Fuel pump control lines will be added later. Sometimes it feels like I'm building a house of cards. I'm using pieces of wire inside the parts to strengthen the whole unit. Thanks for looking.

Brad- that's a harness made by eduard which is incorrect for the funny car because it's only a 4-belt system instead of 5. I had to add the lower center belt. The belts are actually painted photoetch from the mfg., so the stitching was on when I bought them. They looked so good I put them on the car. They say Sparco on them,too. I don't know when Sparco started making safety harnesses, so they might be period incorrect, too. The paint is easily scratched off, too, so I should have clear-coated them with a clear matte. They are easy to assemble though. They do make a 6-belt set. Part number 24 203. I think I got them on Strada website. Putting Simpson decals on them would be easy, and painting them a different color would be too.

Freakintastic - a great new word to describe the work of Bill Davis, John Teresi, Brad, Brett, Dave Sherman, Chris, Tyrone, Romell and all you guys that inspire me.

Edited by GoatGuy

DSCF0426_zps13322a39.jpg

Also had to shorten the section that attaches the pumps to the front of the engine because of a conflict with the oil filters.

I don't know a lot about photoetch, but is it possible to create thicker pieces for linkage so it looks more realistic?

Thanks for looking.