Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

some evergreen styrene , a new miter box & razor saw . a Jo-Han Sox & Martin 'cuda , Revell Mercedes SLS AMD, Fujimi Ferrari Dino, Revell '54 Chevy Gasser, Revell '69 Camaro Convertible, a Jo-Han '75 Olds Cutlass & a new bottle of Zap-A-Gap ( anyone have a good tip for keeping these bottles from clogging ?) .. all in all, not a bad week ...

Yea are you ok?

Whoa, what happened James?

Went to the doctor 2 weeks ago to find out if i was Diabetic or not (my father is type 2). Went to Instantcare they took blood and sent me to the ER, Found out my blood sugar was 778 (normal is low 100ish) and had been for about the last 5 months. Got on Insulin and everything got leveling back out where it should be and it took a toll on my eyes, i could only see blurry outlines for about 8 days. Got some cheap reading glasses and could see better but still couldnt see anything up close or even try to read. Got my blood sugar back down to the low 100's and was able to go to the eye doctor and have glasses made. Ive been able to read again for 2 days now.

Glad you are doing better and hope you continue to do so.

Thanks, im doing what i should have done years ago. Eating healthy and working out 5-6 days a week.

Here's what arrived today from eBay, got it at a good price so I'm pretty happy.

attachicon.gifviper.jpg

I need to build another one of these. Last one i did was when it was released!! lol

got these a few days ago,

photo_zps2cffc740.jpg

photo_zps9560f272.jpg

photo_zpsa3f9d8a7.jpg

photo_zps4418a67c.jpg

Great Score Tom.....

Where did you find those?..

And how much did you have to give?..

I got them from freds model world, I happened to be out in buffalo NY for work, and I met up with him. I paid $190 for all 4 of them, I thought that was a smoking deal. the auto transporter was open, but sealed inside, the other 3 were still factory sealed. I figure that was my home run shopping trip of the year.

This arrived today. Got it on ebay. Bought this one because I built the one I had in my collection so I needed to replace it for my unbuilt collection.

cobratoday002_zpsf893b3b7.jpg

I got this today. Got it pretty cheap on the bay. Curbside kit, no engine. Pretty shallow interior tub. Not sure how this will come out when built. We shall see.

gottoday001_zpsaa8defb0.jpg

Two nice looking kits, l have never seen that version cobra and my favorite kit when l was a kid was the amt 66 t-bird. l would like to see you build that 66...

IMG_3876-vi.jpg

I got this really cool R&R 1960 Valiant station wagon body as a gift from Al (aka porscheman) at our club meeting, He got it as part of a lot of models at a garage sale. Like I ever have that luck!

IMG_3877-vi.jpg

The kit was built by a modeler of limited talent, but was then put into the hands of a numpty who sanded it to death, pretty much ruining the body. Looking at it, I may take a 1962 4 door body and mount the green house onto it. I can redo the drip rail detail since I pretty much bought the entire Evergreen catalog of round stock. I do already own an unbuilt copy of this resin, that will eventually become the 1960 model build. So it would be cool to create a '62 out of this mess.

IMG_3879-vi.jpg

And that silly auction place has provided another interesting old custom based on the 1961 Ranchero original issue. I swore I wouldn't buy any more of these, since I had about a dozen different vehicles, but the color was so close to my latest restoration (and the price was right) that I couldn't resist that "Buy It Now" button! So another 50 year old build enters into the protective custody of the Olde Kustom Kollection!

Edited by Tom Geiger

Got three yards of headliner material for my 1/1 '78 Buick; having little bits of dried-up foam rubber falling in my eyes when I drive gets old fast. The stuff was marked down to $9.95/yard (1/3 off) so I bit the bullet. Brought the roll up to the lady at the cutting table and the conversation went like this:

Me: "Three yards, please." :mellow:

Lady: "That's quite a lot - what are you going to do with it?" :huh:

Me: "Uh... make a headliner?" <_<

Lady: "Really? That's the first time I've sold headliner to make a headliner." :blink:

Me: "What do people usually buy it for?" :unsure:

Lady: "Making covers for laptops." ^_^

Fortunately I've done this once before on an '82 Eldo so I can do it again; hand stitching the sun visors will be the tough part.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...